whats the AV stand for in older model saws ex: 056AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry.. but when someone says Anti Vibration on and 056 or 041, I know they are lying;)
Now Now those are my two favorite Stihls! I still wish I did not part with my 041 super but then I don't mind the money the 056 mag2 brought, but too much saw for my use but not as good as my 105:popcorn: I think in my small brain I need a 076 lol.Bottom line the Stihl antivibe on the older saw's is not too bad! No Jred or Pioneer but they learn from the best!!!Really I hate to say this but I like all saw's!!! as long as they run and get the job done.

why is it some of the saws that flaunt AV have more vibration than my little 46cc poulan pro??? it kinda defeats the purpose don't it???

why is it some of the saws that flaunt AV have more vibration than my little 46cc poulan pro??? it kinda defeats the purpose don't it???
I have a 295/4620 and it has a great anti vibe on it Just as good as a Jred/Husky pro saw a bit wet noodle feeling but smooth in the cut.

I bet the AV models are a whole lot easier on you than the solid ones..

My Mcc super 797 will rattle bones just as much as ear drums and its a funny feeling running a saw that size without feeling in your hands.

We're talkin' about saws that are 30 years old... The Poulans of yore made by Pioneer like the PP655 were not all that fantastic with their "Anti-Vibe" either... :) But great big powerful saws...

Gary

Latest posts

Back