What's the best walkie talkie for crane use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maineiac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm curious about the wireless communication preferences for you veteran crane removal guys out there. I'm sick of hollering down to my crane operator; it's exhausting and looks unprofessional. I need to invest in a wireless headset walkie talkie system, and I'm hoping to find some advice from the pros. Thank You.

Not sure what your budget is.... but check out the "rope tec" headset/radios from treestuff. We have been using 3 sets of them for almost a year now and like them. Bluetooth capable as well so you can pair your phone to them too and talk even while feeding a chipper. Good sound quality and totally hands free which was a big one for me.... all the mics are live so no one has to push any buttons to talk.

Not sure what your budget is.... but check out the "rope tec" headset/radios from treestuff. We have been using 3 sets of them for almost a year now and like them. Bluetooth capable as well so you can pair your phone to them too and talk even while feeding a chipper. Good sound quality and totally hands free which was a big one for me.... all the mics are live so no one has to push any buttons to talk.
Thank you Zero, good information, I appreciate it.

Ya those Bluetooth ones are the ****. I sold my UHF Kenwoods the Bluetooth ones are alot less frustating to use while in a tree no buttons to push.

Definitely good units.... you'll be hooked one you use something like these. It will spoil you quickly. Takes a lot of stress out of a job when everybody is on the same page and there is no yelling on the job site.

Definitely good units.... you'll be hooked one you use something like these. It will spoil you quickly. Takes a lot of stress out of a job when everybody is on the same page and there is no yelling on the job site.
I can't stand screaming then they would go turn the chiper off and say what. Then ooo ok then repeat that process like 20 times a day.

ya I hear some good stuff sometimes that makes you laugh. someone pinches there hand or hits the knee off a pintle hitch its hard not to laugh hearing all the profanity coming through it.

Back