Whats the difference f-250 and f-350(no dullies)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pcoz88

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
What is the difference between these two trucks? Beside ones a 3/4 ton and the other 1 ton.Aren't they pretty much the same truck?:confused: :confused: Talking years 99- 03.

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
I also wanted to mention that a good friend of mine works for our local water department. They had 4x4 F-350's with the V10 and 4.30 gears, you want to talk about a torque monster! :dizzy:

Tree Slayer

Tree Slayer

ArboristSite Operative
Had a 01 250 and a 03 350 350 was a bad ass truck no rear sag like the 250 the gvw is not a whole lot different, maybe a 1000 pounds both bad on gas. I have a 06 150 crew cab now and love it.

ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
throught the years ,,,,,

Brakes (size , material and hyd ratio & amount of boost) , rims - tire size and class ('D' - 'E') , springs , shock absorbers- suspension, cooling system (trans, power-steerng, radiator, ect) , steering gear ratio and amount of assist , axle / brg size , clutch pack/plate numbers and materials in auto-trannys, clutch size and materials (ceramic / asbestos type) and pressure plate type in manuals , tranny first gear ratio and tranny selection.

Engine emissions packages, Catalytic converters options, exhaust size and dual / single exhaust, Carb jetting , Camshaft selections, spark-advances/ vac-advance ignition advance curves. Engine control programs.

Fuel tank size and numbers of tanks.

Just to name a few that have been manufactures options that changed from 3/4 - 1 ton trucks in the past. Not as much of a difference to the mechanic as it was to the Fleet sales / order and parts-counter guy.

Last edited:
Treeman587

Treeman587

ArboristSite Operative
The main differences are the 350 has more spring, and the axle tubes are a like a 1/4 inch bigger in diameter. That is from looking at mine and my friends trucks, same year.

Oh and no matter which, get a diesel! check Diesel Power this month for their V10 vs Power Stroke test.

Pcoz88

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
Why diesel?

Iam looking for a very reiable,strong and will last a long time, can go into a woods or were ever and haul wood out.Be able to pull anything ,well pretty much anything.Diesel trucks are soooooooooo much more money.:jawdrop: I would love to get one that is diesel.Thanks for all info.:rock:

rb_in_va

rb_in_va

Addicted to ArboristSite
What is the difference between these two trucks? Beside ones a 3/4 ton and the other 1 ton.Aren't they pretty much the same truck?:confused: :confused: Talking years 99- 03.

License, insurance, and property tax fees among other things. Some places really nail you for owning an F-350.

MuniciPAL

MuniciPAL

ArboristSite Member
go for the F250. it will save you money on gas compared to the 350 and from what ive seen they can pull anything you throw at them anyways.
ive seen a 2000lb fetilizer tank on an F250 and its been going strong for 5 years now. no problems and the truck is used daily.