Whats the most popular hotsaw model to build? Both Husky and Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddredgergold

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What would you say the most popular model to build a hotsaw in Husqvarna?

Same question but what model Stihl is most popular?

Want to choose a saw thatwhen I show up to compete I am not the only one with my model saw. I would prefer to enter the most popular classwith the most popular saw.

I know of a deal on a 3120 and a 394 right now. But not pulling the trigger yet. But deffinately looking for more input from you guys that know.

I know of a deal on a 3120 and a 394 right now. But not pulling the trigger yet. But deffinately looking for more input from you guys that know.
I'm no hot saw guru, but I believe the 3120 has a weak crank, and has to ve swapped out before it can be made into a hot saw. So it takes even more work than say an 880. The 395 I have no idea if it requires any beefing up.

I certainly wouldn't be able to answer your question, but you could watch some saw competitions on youtube see what the guys are running.

I been. Seems to be all over the place. From little tiny stock saws up to the v8 powered saws
No way to get a real idea of where to start. So was hoping for a starting point from some fellas that have been to or compete. Or maybe ever reccomend a builder for me to talk to and find out what saws we should start with. I missed the 394 but that 3120 is calling my name.

Two to three decades ago the local competition ran probably what some ran in the woods. The ones who won cheated the best. Some were ported. The stihls, the huskys, partners, jred s were in the forefront.

Latest posts

Back