What's Up with Jonsered?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
I was recently at the local Honda dealership to pick up some spares. They have also been Jonsered dealers since before the Husqvarna/Electrolux takeover (back when it was still called Jonsereds) but I noticed they have been reducing their stock over the past couple of years. Chainsaws in particular have been hit bad, as J'red is down to 5-6 models, with no top handles nor battery-operated models in the lineup.

The dealers have no idea what's going on and are thinking to switch to another brand because moving to Husqvarna would mean having to give up Honda: being the only dealership left in a 25 miles radius after a string of bankruptcies and brand switches means they make a decent living through repairs and spares alone.

Does anyone know what it's going on? I am frankly confused by Huskie policy of lately because it makes zero sense. Great or even amazing products, but it seems they care little about long-time dealers and building up a faithful customer basis.

I can't find the thread but J-red is being phased out and re-badged as Redmax. If I remember correctly Redmax is to be the homeowner line but it seemed like there were a few mag "Redmaxs" in there.

Don’t know how to capture it but the thread is “Tractor Supply going back to Husky”

I've owned several Jonsered from TS and found them TERRIBLY out of tune.
Sorry if of topic :)

I was recently at the local Honda dealership to pick up some spares. They have also been Jonsered dealers since before the Husqvarna/Electrolux takeover (back when it was still called Jonsereds) but I noticed they have been reducing their stock over the past couple of years. Chainsaws in particular have been hit bad, as J'red is down to 5-6 models, with no top handles nor battery-operated models in the lineup.

The dealers have no idea what's going on and are thinking to switch to another brand because moving to Husqvarna would mean having to give up Honda: being the only dealership left in a 25 miles radius after a string of bankruptcies and brand switches means they make a decent living through repairs and spares alone.

Does anyone know what it's going on? I am frankly confused by Huskie policy of lately because it makes zero sense. Great or even amazing products, but it seems they care little about long-time dealers and building up a faithful customer basis.
ISTR at a Husky privileged custome/rdealer ******** GTG wine & dine "thingie "around the beginning of 2018 there were mutterings to the effect of disappearing the J red brand or transferring production whole to China or selling the brand to a chicom producer I got the impression a variables were up for discussion& ongoing but it was over the top of beer/wine glass discussion so I guess it's a wait & see Having said that our local Husky /J Red dealer seems to not be replacing his J Red sales

Why would they have to give up Honda? My local dealer sells Husqvarna, Stihl, Johnsred, Honda, Poulan, MTD/Cub Cadet and anything else that fits on the shelf or on the floor. Even seen some Solo mixed in there.

Latest posts

Back