Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the Linkbuck alias is dyo.gs

This Javascxript alias will send you to Linkbucks too

On my No Script side bar "link bucks" has disappeared and dyo.gs has showed up, and was blocked. Looks as though this "no life" is continuing his assault.

Is anyone else getting phantom emails from this site. I keep getting notifications of private messages and when I check on the site there are none. Perhaps the user accounts have been hacked....beware!

I am able to log on with no problem from work. At home, however, I have not been able to access AS since last Thursday or Friday. I keep getting redirected to Linkbucks. I use Firefox and cannot find a "Java" program to disable. As far as I can tell I do not have a "Java" program. I would like to find an answer to the problem.

Assuming you are running Internet Explorer, click on tools in the upper right hand corner. Click on manage add ons. Disable Java. Chances are you will never need it anyway.

Nope, no worky here. Which version of IE are you talking about? Running IE8 here. Java doesn't show up in "Manage Add-ons" so I can't disable it. Have to get here through "Chrome"

I am able to log on with no problem from work. At home, however, I have not been able to access AS since last Thursday or Friday. I keep getting redirected to Linkbucks. I use Firefox and cannot find a "Java" program to disable. As far as I can tell I do not have a "Java" program. I would like to find an answer to the problem.

Install the Noscript add on for firefox. When it is there, it is default all javascript off (javascript is not the same as java). This will immediately help you. You can use their menu to selectively allow this or that domain. You'll get used to it within an hour of surfing around and see what to allow. Basically it will cut out redirects, script code injections, a ton of obnoxious blinky ads and so on. You lose some site functionality, but you can regain it once you learn to whitelist or blacklist.

NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction

firefox is *highly* customizable via add-ons. Take advantage of that, its pretty cool. tons of add-ons that are very useful.

Install the Noscript add on for firefox. When it is there, it is default all javascript off (javascript is not the same as java). This will immediately help you. You can use their menu to selectively allow this or that domain. You'll get used to it within an hour of surfing around and see what to allow. Basically it will cut out redirects, script code injections, a ton of obnoxious blinky ads and so on. You lose some site functionality, but you can regain it once you learn to whitelist or blacklist.

NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction

firefox is *highly* customizable via add-ons. Take advantage of that, its pretty cool. tons of add-ons that are very useful.

Thanks, I will try to give it a shot. I'm not to computer savvy. In fact, somebody installed Firefox for me after using my computer. We had some friends staying with us for about a week. I came home one day and he told me my computer was very slow so he installed Firefox---didn't ask for my permission, just did it. Wow, what a difference it made.

Last edited:
The dyo.gs alias for Linkbucks is gone for now. There is now no reference to Linkbucks in Javascript

I did this on the firefox(I have IE loaded as well) side of my 'puter and it's working.

Crap it's back

Spent the last 1/2 hour enjoying AS....
Then a few deft keystrokes And..........BAM the crap is back and had to disable javascript to finish and post this update

Hey here's a question for the awesome brains working to rid the site of this scum......
Any chance of making it easier to post pic's while your up to your elbows inside the website?

Thank you for your hard work keeping this site up and running.
Thomas

The alias that is now in Javascript is cash4files.com

Damn hackers!

These hackers need to get a life. I'd suggest one that meets the end of my workboot several times on a daily basis.

Thanks, I will try to give it a shot. I'm not to computer savvy. In fact, somebody installed Firefox for me after using my computer. We had some friends staying with us for about a week. I came home one day and he told me my computer was very slow so he installed Firefox---didn't ask for my permission, just did it. Wow, what a difference it made.

It is well worthwhile to take your own personal computer security and enjoyment and use seriously! Learn how to use this tool, a computer is a tool, there are functions, don't program yourself you don't know how to do it, etc. Start out with confidence that you can do it! Same as rebuilding your first chainsaw carb, first time goes slow, eventually you can do it easy.

If you can work on any engines, you can learn to use a computer properly, just takes doing it.

I will say this, don't want to get into a ford/chevy husky/stihl deal here..but, IMO, running stock windows (and IE) that comes installed on most computers is like running those chains they put on boxstore chainsaws.....I do not run windows anything....nothing from microsoft floats my boat, it is just icky to me. I did for a short time years ago and thought there just has to be something better than this.....

Get used to running firefox first, learn that well, then you can transition to another operating system and have the same firefox to use, plus a whole heaping lot more. cost=free. Any number of free open source operating systems out there, various linux and BSD flavors. many of them now are seamless point and click, feature rich, with not very much at all comand line action like in the olden daze (but still available for power users).

You are going to need to OK Google syndication.com and ajax.googleapis.com but I wouldn't OK Google's doubleclick.

Google analytics doesn't do anything for us.

Right this minute, Javascript is clean with no links to Linkbucks or its aliases.

I got a "site down for maintenance" message about an hour ago, came back a bit later and all has been well since. Fingers are crossed.

Meanwhile, even if we never have this problem again, the Firefox/NoScript combo is still a good idea. I posted a little how to in the McC thread. Find it here if you're interested:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/71126-1460.htm#post4535081

Damn, seems to be back already. Also added a "cash4files" script that's new to my untrusted list in NoScript.

Might get myself in trouble here, but checking the rules, complaining about moderation is against the rules, but complaining about site administration is not.

This needs to get fixed, and now, by whatever means necessary. Going on a full month of this crap now. I'm about ready to pull the plug and leave myself.

My posting of the Javascript links being there or not is intended to help the members understand whats going on and to show that the AS administrators are working on the problem but have not found how Linkbucks is getting in yet.

Back