Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, seems to be back already. Also added a "cash4files" script that's new to my untrusted list in NoScript.

Might get myself in trouble here, but checking the rules, complaining about moderation is against the rules, but complaining about site administration is not.

This needs to get fixed, and now, by whatever means necessary. Going on a full month of this crap now. I'm about ready to pull the plug and leave myself.

And its killing business as well

Jeezzzz,find out who your friends are fast,lets not forget who to be mad at.Noscripts is working for me and that's all I care about.

NoScripts is a non player for Chrome.
NotScripts works great on Chrome.
current attacks by; dyo.gs and cash4files.
The down side of NotScripts is setting a password. It's a good idea IMO, just difficult to do.

I found the password deal in notscript to be a real obstacle when trying to set up notscript in Chrome.

I think there are other no script alternatives available in Chrome and Chromium beside notscript?

I found the password deal in notscript to be a real obstacle when trying to set up notscript in Chrome.

I think there are other no script alternatives available in Chrome and Chromium beside notscript?

I've been running Scriptsafe on SRWare Iron which is Chrome based , it lets me surf AS as normal :)

I'm on an XP.
I copied the path for an XP, pasted into "Run" [Enter], then followed the edit instruction.
It took a few minutes to get the grey matter to grasp that, but pretty simple once it did.

Install the Noscript add on for firefox. When it is there, it is default all javascript off (javascript is not the same as java). This will immediately help you. You can use their menu to selectively allow this or that domain. You'll get used to it within an hour of surfing around and see what to allow. Basically it will cut out redirects, script code injections, a ton of obnoxious blinky ads and so on. You lose some site functionality, but you can regain it once you learn to whitelist or blacklist.

NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction

firefox is *highly* customizable via add-ons. Take advantage of that, its pretty cool. tons of add-ons that are very useful.

I did what you said. I am at home and logged on for the first time since last Thursday. Thanks for the help.

THanks for all the help from the computer savvy people

I have always used a mac and did not understand why the ads kept comin up. Disabling the javascript for just AS was a pain and also disabled other stuff within. I usually use Safari for browser and noscript was not available nor anything else. Luckily I also use Firefox for sites that do Not accept safari. Loading in the NoScript was easy. With the many pages of info from AS members I thought it would be simple,but I forgot first step to allow partial scripts so I could log in. It took many tries before I figured it out. LInkbucks Never loaded but did appear in menu of options to not allow.

No problems so far, Thanks for the help. It will just slow down browsing though to manually allow each page permission to accept passwords on trusted sites. Is firefox really better than Safari? It does not seem to fill in forms or info as well.

I've used both Safari and Firefox and would be afraid to say that one was actually any better than the other.

Your Firefox may get better as you use it some and build up the cache a little?

There is still a Linkbucks alias in the AS Javascript as of right now. - dyo.gs

Someone told me how to disable Javascript in IE, and it works. :msp_smile:

The downside is that some functions/options are lost, and it is best to turn it on again before going to other websites - so not really a lasting solution....

Last edited:
Now "tinylinks.co" is the suspicious Javascript.

What does it do?

In searching Google, tinylinks.co seems to have a network association with ############## as they are hosted by the same company.

## . . . = L,i,n,k,b,u,c,k,s,.,c,o,m

Last edited:
There were 141 in the firewood forum and 340 in the chainsaw a few minutes ago. That seems normal for this time of day so somebody is getting access to the site.

I can ONLY get on with my laptop. My phone was how I got on most of the time, and it does not work :(

is there a "noscript" or similar for android firefox 24? I tried to install it, but got the "it is not compatible" or similar song and dance error message.

looks like I am done until they get this fixed, tried everything I know and no good. crap keeps coming back. CJ

Get Chrome and turn off Java in the settings. Works great. I use IE 8 for everything else (personal preference), and go to the Java-disabled Chrome to get to AS. It's an inconvenience, but I'll deal with it to be part of this community.

looks like I am done until they get this fixed, tried everything I know and no good. crap keeps coming back. CJ

Get Chrome and turn off Java in the settings. Works great. I use IE 8 for everything else (personal preference), and go to the Java-disabled Chrome to get to AS. It's an inconvenience, but I'll deal with it to be part of this community.

Use Chrome, go to the settings/advanced settings/privacy/content settings/ and click the "do not allow Java" radio button.

You may need to shut down and re-open your browser.

End of problem.

This is an easy fix. You can customize Chrome to not allow Javascript on AS only, or you can use Chrome configured to block scripting on all sites (as outlined above) and use IE for everything else.

I just now had to disable JavaScript completely. With just the Arboristsite exemption blocked I still got "linkbucked".

Yep, tried it again I have to disable JavaScript all together. Exemption does not hack it. No pun intended.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back