Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How safe do you really think your info is in this day and age ......... Internet or not .

I'm not ignorant to the fact that info is unsafe period. However, it does seem at this point and time that our personal info is a little more unsafe than usual. We've all been instructed to change passwords after the first hack, but should we be doing it again? Has the site been secured? Are they just cosmetic hacks that mess with DNS or simply redirect or are they back in again. I'd just like a little more info. I know Darin and company have to be mighty busy and really seem to be doing all they can, but I can't be the only one that wouldn't mind a little more explanation.

Just change your info , embellish the truth a bit , heck if they get my info they'll know that I'm Chinese , 6'9" , live in Poland and have millions in a bank from Zimbabwae .

I'm not ignorant to the fact that info is unsafe period. However, it does seem at this point and time that our personal info is a little more unsafe than usual. We've all been instructed to change passwords after the first hack, but should we be doing it again? Has the site been secured? Are they just cosmetic hacks that mess with DNS or simply redirect or are they back in again. I'd just like a little more info. I know Darin and company have to be mighty busy and really seem to be doing all they can, but I can't be the only one that wouldn't mind a little more explanation.

I just don't understand "WTF" you are talking about with you personal info on this site..maybe being compromised..??

There's No real name - No Social Security # - No address - No phone number...etc...Soo what's your problem..??

If you 'volunteered' any more than just what was asked...then it's your fault...Not the ArboristSite..!!
(Darin and company are Not gonna hold your hand to make you feel better..if uncomfortable..leave the site..!!)

Blame Fish..!!
:cheers:
J2F

So does this mean my subscription notifications will start working again?

:popcorn:
Well...I don't know how it is with you...but mine are like from weeks back at times...other times current..:confused2:

Sometimes I get like 20+ posts from others (weeks old) all at one time...this hacking thing is Really an Annoyance..!!
J2F

Well...I don't know how it is with you...but mine are like from weeks back at times...other times current..:confused2:

Sometimes I get like 20+ posts from others (weeks old) all at one time...this hacking thing is Really an Annoyance..!!
J2F

Guess I shoulda put the "tongue in cheeky sarcasticy little thingie" in there somewhere for ya so ya didn't think I was actually serious, huh?

:dizzy:

whew, that was a frustrating morning. Thought it was just me. Work laptop, home computer and even iPhone.

thanks to the crew for getting thew site back up and running :msp_thumbsup:

It's 9:20 edt where I am and I just experienced it. Funny thing is, I posted about 2 hours ago with no problems. I disabled java script on my iPad to post this (had to go to tapatalk on my android phone to find out what was going on). Grrrr.

Link bucks is still setting in the Java Script window so either AS has not removed it or the culprit keeps putting it back in.

Do you think someone can let us know when we can enable Java again when the LINKCRAP is gone. I had to disable it too, and now stuff kinda isn't the same????? Oh and thanks to the fella who posted on here about the Java, I was about to go insane. Wife was getting pissed with all the BUY IT NOW I was doing on ebay while I was too pissed to be on AS. See just there I tried to insert a smiley face and couldn't WTF!

Yeah this totally sucks with out the JAVA enabled, no images no movies the hyper links aren't there WTF!!!!!! I would like to go 10 rounds with the Hacker, really only need 6, most people do not have any cardio, where them down then make em pay!

dyo.gs in the Javascript window will also take you directly to linkbucks

With "No Script" I can OK Arboristsite and nothing else and see everything.

Still having problems

I took the advice and turned off java script.

I can only imagine what happens if you were to "ok" the linkbucks screen. Yikes.

Please Darin, for the love of chainsaws, save us all!!!

Downloaded tapatalk on my android to get on then saw turning off java script would work.

Thanks for the tip on Java.

Tapatalk sucks but was worth it to at least get on and see the java tip.

Latest posts

Back