Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good thing is that a lot of us are getting more work done when the site is messed up ;)

disregard

disregard. I thought i had a better fix. It worked for a while...then more linkbucks

just disable java

Last edited:
Notscript works for me. It's a bit of a kludge, but it works. Disabling javascript works as well, though that's not really an option. Setting up javascript block rules in Chrome for linkbucks.com, .gs, and a few others didn't work either.

Where do you find "Notscript" or "disable Javascript"?

I feel really dumb right now! :help:

Where do you find "Notscript" or "disable Javascript"?

I feel really dumb right now! :help:

If you run Firefox as your browser, simply go to Tools->Addons and search for NoScript.

When you hit a site with Javascript, click Options in lower right, Untrusted, mark linkbucks.com, then allow the rest.

As for "disable Javascript", on Firefox it is Edit->Preferences (or Tools->Options), Content Tab, and unclick.

Don't know if there is an equivalent in the IE virus festival.

Last edited:
I don't know how good it really is...my computer knowledge is limited...but I have Norton. I ran a full scan and a custom scan and didn't come up with any virus. So far, anyway.

I disabled JavaScript in Chrome. That's the only way I've found to access AS without using an anonymizer.

I need javascript for many of my other web stuff so this is what I did in Google Chrome. Go to the upper right hand corner to that icon with three horizontal bars. Click it. Go to "Settings". Click on "advanced settings". In "Privacy" click on "content settings". In the JavaScript section click on "manage exceptions". In that area enter " [*.]arboristsite.com " and choose "block" in the drop down menu to the right of it. This blocks JavaScript on Arboristsite only and that will block the Linkbunks B.S.

So I followed these directions in CHROME and it works great. I'll reserve Chrome for AS and use Firefox for my other browsing. Thanks AKDoug!

open Firefox and type in the address bar "about:config"
Select "i won't hurt anything, promise"
search for Javascript enabled
right click it and select "toggle"
That makes that line turn from true to false and then close the browser
open the browser and go the AS as usual
It will disable Javascript on all the sites you visit.

If you run Firefox as your browser, simply go to Tools->Addons and search for NoScript.

When you hit a site with Javascript, click Options in lower right, Untrusted, mark linkbucks.com, then allow the rest.

As for "disable Javascript", on Firefox it is Edit->Preferences (or Tools->Options), Content Tab, and unclick.

Don't know if there is an equivalent in the IE virus festival.

Thanks, I use IE, and haven't found a way to do it yet.

Right now I have no problem though, it comes and goes.....

Which no-script is the best one - there are quite a few to choose from by numerous people. Some want a donation from $1.99 -$19.99.

Thanks, I use IE, and haven't found a way to do it yet.

Right now I have no problem though, it comes and goes.....

Using IE... you must have alot of patience!! I ditched that the first time I viewed AS with chrome.

Chrome and Firefox are good. IMO

You can liken it to a ported vs. non ported saw!:hmm3grin2orange:

I just don't understand "WTF" you are talking about with you personal info on this site..maybe being compromised..??

There's No real name - No Social Security # - No address - No phone number...etc...Soo what's your problem..??

If you 'volunteered' any more than just what was asked...then it's your fault...Not the ArboristSite..!!
(Darin and company are Not gonna hold your hand to make you feel better..if uncomfortable..leave the site..!!)

Blame Fish..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I've never had issue with you, but sometimes it helps to think before speaking. Think about what theydo have. They have an email address, a password to this site, IP addresses and a few other odds and ends that could be useful. If data has in fact been mined, there is more than enough there to do quite a bit of damage. Now god forbid people use the same password here that they do through their email account and the floodgates have opened.

I'm not calling anybody out, I'd just like to know how deep these repeated hacks are. If my concern really bugs you, I'm sure you know where the door is as well lol.

There is no option in Firefox 23 to disable javascript.

The owners of this site are way out of their league trying to reconcile the compromise and need some high end professionals to scrub the server and restore order. Period.

And if they thought challenging the "cyber terrorists who don't have a life" hacker(s) and engaging in any type of battle was a good idea..., well..., nice move..., and guess again.

They (and we) are simply being toyed with as it stands right now.

Last thing ya wanna do is piss off a hacker who already has ya by the balls.

Should be an interesting evening.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

What's next? AS is actually restored to order? I'm not holding my breath.

Don't believe it until you have been provided with a thorough explanation of the past month's events by the site owners themselves. Anything else is just whistlin' past the grave yard and pissin' up a rope.

Last edited:
I went by the manual and primed this site 4 times, pulled the rope twice while on full choke, waiting for a pop, heard a small one, and 7-8 more pulls off choke and still nothing.

It took two of us trying, and we finally gained access to the AS site.
Dano...You are Not starting the fs250 correctly...as I said before it's the same starting procedure as a MS192

Again..you must have yours ears listening for the 'Slightest pop' and then immediately take it off choke and to run position

After the 'slight pop'..if you pull any more times in choke position..you Will definitely flood the engine..!!

And then as you and the 'crew' discovered..it's a real PIA to get the engine 'cleared out' and to start.

Start someplace quiet...like your garage (pun intended lol) and get it off choke on the slightest sound of a 'pop'..!!

It should fire-up within the next 2-3 pulls...it's very easy...but the trick is getting it off choke at slightest...'poof'
J2F

Dano...You are Not starting the fs250 correctly...as I said before it's the same starting procedure as a MS192

Again..you must have yours ears listening for the 'Slightest pop' and then immediately take it off choke and to run position

After the 'slight pop'..if you pull any more times in choke position..you Will definitely flood the engine..!!

And then as you and the 'crew' discovered..it's a real PIA to get the engine 'cleared out' and to start.

Start someplace quiet...like your garage (pun intended lol) and get it off choke on the slightest sound of a 'pop'..!!

It should fire-up within the next 2-3 pulls...it's very easy...but the trick is getting it off choke at slightest...'poof'
J2F

That's what I've been doing. Once I got it home and the first time I went to use it, it started within 7-8 total pulls or so.

My goal is to get it to start in under a handful......cold, warm, or hot. :msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
flame on. yes it's a pain that the site has had issues. but the one thing that get's me is some that cry that it's ruining there business. let me ask how many of you had a chain saw related business before A.S. ? some most all of it is threw A.S. i think darin is doing all that he can with the resources that he has. this is a forum for info and such. yes chain saws and this site is addicting . but get a grip all will be fine in the end. hope i did not pee off too many folks with this rant. maybe some one should start a site that helps some folks with there addiction when the site has problems in the future . thank you and enjoy the site for what it is. :msp_smile:

Back