Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pdqdl posted on page 1499 of the Oklahoma,AR,MO,... thread a what I feel is a better solution than disabling scripts. :rock:

*** NOTE *** If you are denied permission to save the "host" file, reboot your computer & start up in "Safe Mode" by pressing <F8> while booting up. Make your changes to the "host" file then reboot.
I tried this also and so far it seems to work. Looks like other anti-virus programs do the same thing when they find junk like LinkBucks. You will see a while list of them when you view the file. It's a user unfriendly solution but a powerful result. Thumbs Up. :rock:

I mean I know I just broke the rules, but, what's the difference if they send me to camp? I can't go on the site anyway....
No ones going to send you to camp, everyone is getting frustrated over this mess. The owners are doing what they can. It's more a software issue, I don't think VB has the software to get rid of these jerks. Trust me when I tell you Darin has been in contact with them and has several techs try and fix it. I don't know how it's all going to end but I know they are trying hard to fix it. You mention with all the money the site generates they should be able to hire someone to do it. They would love to hire someone to fix it cause they don't want to lose the money either. I know all of us are getting tired of it but no where near as much as the site owners.

The war still rages. The "Fix" I supported and posted earlier is not a solution either. LinkBucks figured out how to stop that also and shut down any "submit" button on this site. They appear to have the power to do this at will. I still have no idea what the motive is for LinkBucks to do this. Perhaps one of these days we will find out.

However,

Then I logged in again and LinkBucks was gone. Is this thing a random strike? I think it is, and that makes it even more difficult to destroy. I've never seen such a thing in all my years of computer usage and programming.

Last edited:
:msp_thumbsup: Seems to be getting better every day, even if slowly. The people in the know Seem to be able to combat this thing fairly successfully, I thank them, and with best luck. There may be financial reward more them, that's cool, they're helping me with my hobby at no cost to me. I would do anything I could to help but my computer skills are a vast wasteland, I'm lucky to get here. Good luck and best wishes. :msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back