Whats you 026,260 b/c setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish i could have 40 million of everything hangin' in the shop,especially if it said stihl on it. i will agree the saw is handling it fine,there are as many 026/260 saws out there with 3/8 as .325, also there are a good many of them w/20" bars. i am building a NOS one right now from spare parts,and it will have a 20" bar on it. still looking for a picco bar though.

Now, that may be the case. I never claimed the 3/8 to be faster, but I will say it wont pull it down. I have no problems running it, and prefer it, so I dont have to have 40 million different chains hangin in the shop.

Here is the first video I ever made, and its of a bone stock 026 with a 20" 3/8 setup. It pulls it just fine.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jKTSppVi2xw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
that saw runs well,it sounds like it has some muffler work done to it though.

that saw runs well,it sounds like it has some muffler work done to it though.

Im really not sure if it had the muffler done at that time or not, to be honest.

Sure, it'll pull it, but it will pull .325 easier and faster, not to mention smoother:)

Well, with the superior anti-vibe of the Stihl 026 Chainsaw, vibes are a thing of the past......

not sure you will be able to find a picco bar to fit the 026,unless it is a NOS one. i have been looking for a bar to set one of mine with picco chain,with no luck. i run a 16" picco set-up on my ms250 and i love it,it will hang with the 260 all day long if you keep the chain sharp. i have checked with bailey's, and no luck. the only thing i was thing about is changing the bar studs,or chucking them up in the mill and cutting them down.

Stihl used to make 3003 bars that were for picco, I have one on my 066.

Others still offer them, try the logosol website, they sell PMX milling chain ( 10 degree ground PM chain) and bars for the 066/660

I tried the 3/8ths out today...I will save my judgement until I get my new 325 chain this week. It sure did seem to make more chips...but that could be my imagination.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do like this little saw. Especially since I rebuilt it from the ground up.

I cannot comment on using the 3/8 chain, but I am really pleased with my 260 wearing a 16-inch bar with .325/7 pin. After the MM, the little saw is my favorite saw. Although my bigger saws cut faster, that little saw is lighter, quicker to sharpen and uses very little fuel. It is a great cutter with its current setup.

Latest posts

Back