What's your bid to work ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80%

We're getting probably 80% of bids at this point. Most of the other 20% would probably be best not to get anyway. We're able to keep our prices down because all the equipment is paid for. We make what we need to make, nobody gets scammed, and 99% of the customers are happy when we leave (99% because you're not going to make everyone happy all the time). There's a lot of competition in the local market, we don't advertise at all and we're pretty much booked through summer. We take pride in doing good work at a fair price. There's a bunch of outfits around here running big equipment that isn't paid for and thier prices are all over the map, depending on how much work they have. We occasionally get underbid by them, and we assume it's because they've got hefty bills to pay and need to keep the machines working. Better them than me. Other times we'll look at jobs more suited to big equipment and decline to bid, which is good by me too because I'd rather not do jobs we're really not set up for.

Cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back