What's your favorite chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalTreeEquip

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Mine is the Bandit 250 with a winch and JD turbo. Best chipper ever built in my opinion and apparently there are more 250's in use today then any other chipper other then the Bandit 200 and thats only because they have been selling fleets of them to utility tree companies and municipalities for 25 years.

I really liked my two Bandits. One was a 200+ w/Cummins 4bta, and the other a 200 with the Ford gas 4 banger. Then again, after years of stacking sticks on trucks-who in their right mind wouldn't love any chipper.

That self propelled would be a great one to have doing inner city work.:rock:

thanks for posting

My 1987 Badger TM400 isn't much compared to most anything newer but I'm liking it anyway. When you don't have much, what you do have becomes your favorite:D

Mine is the Bandit 250 with a winch and JD turbo. Best chipper ever built in my opinion and apparently there are more 250's in use today then any other chipper other then the Bandit 200 and thats only because they have been selling fleets of them to utility tree companies and municipalities for 25 years.

Wow, all the line clearance guys around here use, vermeer, altec., woodchuck chippers I don't think i've ever seen one pulling a bandit.........

But you're right they are nice we rented a 250 a few times when our chipper was down. Man can that machine pack chips into a truck:clap:

attachment.php

my pops runs a bandit 1590, very nice machine. I'm stuck with the old whisper chipper he used to run :cry:

Which ever one is running lol.. Seriously though, Ive always been fond of Bandits, but I believe Morbarks to be a better quality build. They just "feel" stronger.

I will be running a Model 13 in a week, with a JD 125 turbo. I have a bandit 150 with a gas job now, it certainly gets the job done, but Im looking forward to the Model 13.

Back