What's your favorite machine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Case 40XT,Case 430,or Bobcat 773 with pallet forks.Just depends on which one is handy.In the off season (concrete construction) the 40XT lives at my place.

I would love to have an M59 Kubota as well. They don't seem to be common in the arborist industry but I don't think it would ever grow old for my personal use.

Ran alot of really nice equipment, 644J loader comes to mind but the one piece of equipment that impressed me the most was the 648 Grapple skidder. Tough as nails, almost unstoppable, did more than you would believe it could. For smaller equipment my DK50 has been very good. CJ

My Latest toy a 555C ford backhoe, does basements, building demoliton, some land clearing, scrapping, egress window wells snow moving, and I have only had it for four months, If i had a choice I would keep it over my S-185 2 speed skid with many attatchments. Its not even in the same world as our 410 K john Deere At work but it was only $11,000.

Can't believe this tread is just going to die. Really, "what kind of grease gun should I use" gets better responce??
So here another one from the vaults.
It was an 1985 Red Max self-propelled stump grinder, 35 hp 2 cyl Deutz diesel, articulate knuckle boom, articulate sterring, hydrostatic 4x4, with something like 200 hours on it. It was an exceptionally bad assed grinder. I believe these were all made by special order in some small shop in Minnesota I think. It was way ahead of its time. The Granddaddy of all the big self-propelled grinders.
View attachment 284936

Missed one on craigslist for $2500 a few years back.

My JD 4840 I love listing to the turbo screen thru the straight pipe. Nothing like watching a old diesel power block smoke under a load. Can't see it anymore on the new equipment thanks to the lovely EPA

2013 Cat 390DL excavator. Incredible machine. Just the power that machine had with the speed it was slinging a 7 yard bucket was incredible.

My favorite I use on a daily basis is a 2014 Cat 568GF roadbuilder. Built like a tank, more stable than any other hoe I've ever run. (And it's in the hundreds of different models and makes) The swing torque is ridiculous. I am in love.

In the fleet, the 773 skid loader is my favorite because it saves my back sooooooooo much work.

But, my favorite machine to watch is the hydroax 721 e brush mower.

In the fleet, the 773 skid loader is my favorite because it saves my back sooooooooo much work.

But, my favorite machine to watch is the hydroax 721 e brush mower.
Hydro ax is a bad bad machine.
I think your 773 needs to help your back a bit more. I swear it still has the little nubs on the tires you put on it 8 years ago.
I myself like the s-250 with grouser tracks. I am also beginning to really like mini skid steers. They are getting impressive with what such a small machine can handle.

Not the biggest machine posted here by anymeans, but mine would have to be my PCW5000. It's a small gas powered Winch that is AWESOME for residential work! Super light and compact.

image.jpg My new fav, replaces my very tired RC 30. Great for cleaning large stump grinding jobs, super low impact on lawns etc. Incredible lift height for size and weight of machine, decent ground speed and just a blast to run!

Latest posts

Back