when are grinder teeth junk?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm new to stump grinding; I just bought a used grinder with a lot of used teeth. I'm going to sort through them. Many are chipped and have chunks of carbide missing. They are a mixture of green teeth and other types,(no super teeth). Should I save the chipped ones? Can they be retipped? How about the insanly dull ones? The dull ones I'm going to try to sharpen and keep using. Thanks

Yes they can be retipped. Chips don't necessarily matter-it depends-if half the carbide is gone scrap it -it there is just a chip misssing and you have lots of normal edge-run it. For sharpening I highly recommend a diamond wheel-I messed around with the dusty , filthy, hazardous Greenwheels for over a decade-The diamond wheels are absolutely , unequivocally worth the investment.

Where is a source for diamond wheels? Does anyone make one for an angle grinder? I have not sharpened teeth yet but it looks convenient to sharpen them right on the machine with an angle grinder.

Back