When did they stop production of the Original MS440?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkippyKtm

The Lorax, my FIL rip...
Reaction score
Did a search but found nothing definitive, my guess is around 2007. Does anyone know for sure when production ended?:msp_unsure:

I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170627514617

STIHL MS 440 MAGNUM

UP FOR BID IS A SCREAMIN 440 MAGNUM ! THIS SAW IS IN EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD.IT COMES WITH A 28 INCH STIHL ROLLOMATIC ES BAR AND STILL CHAIN . CHAIN IS NEARLY NEW AND READY TO START CUTTING.SAW IS JUST OVER 1 YEAR OLD BUILD DATE 02/2010 .GREAT RUNNING SAW WITH A FEW MINOR SCUFFS AND SCRAPES ,NO DISAPPOINTMENTS HERE.{CHECK OUT THE PICTURES !!} THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING !!! ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Thanks for getting back to me, but maybe I should rephrase the question: When did the MS440 Stop being imported into the US?:msp_confused:

Last edited:
I just called the dealer and he said 2006, and he seemed rather sure about it. So I would think that the majority of MS440's sold would have dried up in 2007.

Last edited:
I bought one new last year so they're out there. I bet the date was misread and it was oct of 02 like someone else said.

I bought the last one the dealer here had in Oct. of 07. They were able to find one more for my cousin a couple weeks later, but they are the last two that I know of sold from that dealer.

Latest posts

Back