Clever Ebay fishing e-mail

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streblerm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I must have some spyware. Otherwise somebody has been watching me bid on chainsaws on Ebay. Pretty good deal, too much saw for me though.

Salesman_Worldwide [email protected] sent you this eBay item

eBay sent this message to streblerm. eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via email. To respond to this offer please reply to the seller at this email address: [email protected] . Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US$ 133.00 is now available for purchase: The winner of this item got rejected due to security reasons (either he failed to follow through on the purchase commitment or outright refused to do so). Your last auctioned bid prior to being outbided is taken into consideration as eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default. The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction. To purchase this item please contact the seller by replying to this email address: [email protected] .

chainsaw Shindaiwa Chain Saw 18 in Model 488 commercial
Current bid: US $152.85 (4 bids) (Approximately GBP 78.55)
Postage: US $17.00
End date: Mar-18-07 19:33:57 PDT
Add to watch list | See similar items
Find out more

Details for item number: 220091382570
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220091382570&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11
Description: you are bidding on a Shindaiwa Chain Saw, 18 inch, Model 488, it is used but in great shape and works perfect , this i... See more
Post to: United States
Seller: loylar-co( 8772)
98.7% Positive Feedback
Member since Oct-11-02 in United States

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/education/spooftutorial

This email was generated by the sender through the eBay platform because the sender thinks you are likely to be interested in this item. eBay Europe S.à r.l. takes no liability for the sending of this email and its content. If you did not authorise the sender to send you this email, you can report this message as unsolicited (spam) email so that eBay can take appropriate action against the sender. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to process your request.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2006-2007 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.

Jumping Pfish

This pfishing message is too good to be true. It's like a heart to heart talk. What bunk! Stay away...

stay away

Mike

looks like a second chance offer to me. Ive gotten a few and bought the item at what I was prepared to pay for it. think my sellers had more than one of the same item
-Ralph

I confirmed with e-bay what I already knew, this is a scam. The dead giveaway is that I never bid on this saw

I confirmed with e-bay what I already knew, this is a scam. The dead giveaway is that I never bid on this saw

well thats different. I had gotten outbid on the items I recieved 2nd chance offers on.....
-Ralph

Correspondence from EBay will always have your real name, never your handle.

Even so I NEVER click on any ebay links in any email message. Always go and sign on to your account and check your internal messages and as mentioned forward any email messages from EBay that look suspicous to the [email protected] account.

Correspondence from EBay will always have your real name, never your handle.

Even so I NEVER click on any ebay links in any email message. Always go and sign on to your account and check your internal messages and as mentioned forward any email messages from EBay that look suspicous to the [email protected] account.

This is the best advice anyone could give. Never click on any links in an email (not just Ebay) unless you KNOW who the sender is. Always scan for the Korenglish/piglish/slavish/chinglish...... that's usually the give away.

Latest posts

Back