All Sellers beware on Flea bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireMan2285

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Don't get mad at me i'm just trying to protect everyone on here. this is what i found in my accounts in box. I was a seller on there a couple of years ago but i let it go.just for this kind of stuff right here.So watch out sellers i'm glad i gave it up a few years ago and closed my account.

Dear Mossberg22,

We are making updates to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy, as well as the eBay Privacy Policy, and would like to make sure you are aware of the changes. These updates go into effect for existing customers on June 20.

eBay Buyer Protection
In the event you need help with a purchase on eBay, we've got you covered. eBay Buyer Protection is fast, easy, and free, and covers the purchase price of an item plus original shipping when buyers and sellers need eBay to step in to help resolve a problem with an item not received or not as described in the listing.

Here are a few important updates to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy:
•To make sure returned items are delivered correctly, sellers are required to maintain a valid and current return address on file. You can update your return address online via My eBay by selecting Account > Addresses, then clicking Change next to the Primary return address field.
•For items that are event tickets listed under the Tickets category, a case may be opened until 7 days after the event date, even if that's more than 45 days from purchase date.
•If an item is re-shipped after being received at the address in the Order details page or PayPal Transaction Details page, it won't be eligible for eBay Buyer Protection Policy coverage.
•We reserve the right to suspend a buyer's coverage under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy if we suspect that buyer is colluding with a seller to misdeclare the value or type of an item for evading customs fees.
•In order to be protected from a case when a buyer reports an item was not received, sellers must provide valid delivery confirmation before the case is escalated to eBay for a final decision.
•If the buyer successfully appeals a case and receives a refund from eBay, and the seller's refund failed, was canceled, or did not complete after the case was closed, the seller will be required to reimburse eBay.
•To help buyers and sellers resolve a case, eBay may provide or give them access to each other's name, user ID, email address, other contact information, and other information relating to the case, including any relevant documentation obtained from a third party.
•When deciding a case, eBay may review item details, messages between the buyer and seller in eBay Messages, seller responses to questions, and other sources of information related to the case.
eBay Privacy Policy
eBay has always believed in the importance of clear, concise, and transparent privacy policies and practices. We are updating the eBay.com Privacy Policy to provide even greater clarity regarding management of our customers' personal information on eBay.com, as well as the tools and applications we provide.
•We are introducing and implementing Binding Corporate Rules, which are a strict set of rules and procedures that ensure a consistent and high standard of protection for individuals' personal information.
•The scope of the policy has been expanded so that it is clear that the commitments made also apply to the tools, applications, and services eBay provides beyond its websites.
•We have provided more detail to give customers a better understanding of how we use data to ensure the integrity of our site, and in the event we need to contact you regarding a transaction.
•We may use third-party identity services such as Facebook Connect to enable you to sign-on to eBay, and provide tools that will enable you to use data you have collected on other sites to improve your shopping experience on eBay.
You can find the new Privacy Policy here. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us. While we do everything possible to ensure open and transparent privacy practices, if you choose not to accept the new terms, visit this page for further direction.

Thank you for being a part of the eBay community.

Sincerely,

Scott Shipman, J.D., CIPP
Associate General Counsel, Global Privacy Leader
eBay Inc. Heraldo Botelho
Policy Manager, eBay Buyer Protection
eBay Inc.

yes thats true they need to be taken out.but one other thing if a buyer is not honest and e-bay don't catch him or her before the deal is done he or she might do it again.and the seller is left out to dry and lost a lot of money and plus the item that he was trying to sell too.so only thing i was trying to say is sellers watch out and make the listing clear as a bell or you might get ripped.

yes thats true they need to be taken out.but one other thing if a buyer is not honest and e-bay don't catch him or her before the deal is done he or she might do it again.and the seller is left out to dry and lost a lot of money and plus the item that he was trying to sell too.so only thing i was trying to say is sellers watch out and make the listing clear as a bell or you might get ripped.

In other words, you're saying to use common sense? Seems like a reasonable policy to me.

Well, you are right. I did not think of it in that light.

Was this in your e-Bay mailbox? I just check mine for the first time in a couple of months and do not see such a message there.

yes is was in my e-bay mailbox.and i just checked mine yesterday to see if i won a saw i was bidding on.but when i checked it today i found this message in it.

I think I got that message a few weeks ago.

I have got stuff from Ebay in my Email but not in my Ebay account before though. If it don't show in the Ebay message box then delete it. If you read through them closely, you can see the slight difference in the link. It's usually a fake link to a fake Ebay to get your private stuff. Freaking computer nerds robbing everyone. Whats the world coming to? :angry:

the world is getting worse and worse everyday about scams and someone trying to rip some one off everyday.thats why i don't even check my e-mail most of the time. unless I'm looking for something that is very important or something.

I still buy and sell sometimes on ebay and I worry more about the dishonest buyer than the dishonest seller for some reason. There's nothing to stop a buyer from saying his merchandise wasn't received when it was. Even with tracking numbers ebay will side in with a buyer on something like this. Or the buyer who gets his money back from ebay (taken from your account) and doesn't return the merchandise or if he does he either sends it back damaged or he sends you a rock instead of merchandise. We don't have feedback for buyers anymore except positive, so the sellers don't really know who the bad buyers are.

I still buy and sell sometimes on ebay and I worry more about the dishonest buyer than the dishonest seller for some reason. There's nothing to stop a buyer from saying his merchandise wasn't received when it was. Even with tracking numbers ebay will side in with a buyer on something like this. Or the buyer who gets his money back from ebay (taken from your account) and doesn't return the merchandise or if he does he either sends it back damaged or he sends you a rock instead of merchandise. We don't have feedback for buyers anymore except positive, so the sellers don't really know who the bad buyers are.

thats is what i was trying to say.i still buy from time to time and i always trust my seller.it's just the buyers on there that i worry about. so thats why i took and closed my seller account and just became a buyer full time.but i might open it back up one day. if e-bay give the sellers some kind of protection from buyers trying to stiff them.

thats is what i was trying to say.i still buy from time to time and i always trust my seller.it's just the buyers on there that i worry about. so thats why i took and closed my seller account and just became a buyer full time.but i might open it back up one day. if e-bay give the sellers some kind of protection from buyers trying to stiff them.

The only remedy you might have with bad sellers is to contact ebay and explain what happened. If it becomes a case of your word against the buyer's word, all other things equal, they will probably side in with the buyer.
Of course you always have the option on a fraud case of calling the police. Mail fraud is still against the law. It's amazing that more ebay sellers haven't resorted to this remedy.

I received this and another message concerning sellers of auto parts. I buy and sell quite a few parts, so I read it carefully. There are quite a few changes in how you describe, sell, ship and manage auctions of used auto parts. This came from the "eBay Motors" section, not the general eBay home page.

If anyone here is into this category, read the message carefully, it's filled with rules that could be expensive if not followed. Just a "heads up".....

I received this and another message concerning sellers of auto parts. I buy and sell quite a few parts, so I read it carefully. There are quite a few changes in how you describe, sell, ship and manage auctions of used auto parts. This came from the "eBay Motors" section, not the general eBay home page.

If anyone here is into this category, read the message carefully, it's filled with rules that could be expensive if not followed. Just a "heads up".....

I don't think I want to sell anything on ebay motors. I don't get a good feeling about buying and selling auto parts in general because of the crookedness of some people and I really wouldn't want to get involved in it on ebay. Most of the people I've dealt with on chainsaws have been exceptionally nice but I can't say the same about cars and parts people.

While not a ebay issue, we are butting heads right now with Paypal over a dispute.
Customer in Great Britain made a purchase from our website, got the item, opened the bottom of the box and removed the item, then marked "refused" on it and sent it back. Then filed a dispute with paypal over the deal saying he wanted a refund since he didnt get his stuff.
After paypal looked at the tracking, they gave him his money back, including the $57 we spent to ship it to him.I have been raising hell with paypal over the deal,but so far they arent budging and cant seem to grasp the fact that even if he sent it back marked "refused" on it, he shouldnt be entitled to get the shipping cost back.

While not a ebay issue, we are butting heads right now with Paypal over a dispute.
Customer in Great Britain made a purchase from our website, got the item, opened the bottom of the box and removed the item, then marked "refused" on it and sent it back. Then filed a dispute with paypal over the deal saying he wanted a refund since he didnt get his stuff.
After paypal looked at the tracking, they gave him his money back, including the $57 we spent to ship it to him.I have been raising hell with paypal over the deal,but so far they arent budging and cant seem to grasp the fact that even if he sent it back marked "refused" on it, he shouldnt be entitled to get the shipping cost back.

I've fixed that...NO INTERNATIONAL SALES. We have enough scammers in the USA without dealing with all the Nigerians, etc.

As a seller you have NO rights!!! i can attest to that just reciently. i was taken by a buyer who lied and robbed me! Ebay nor Paypal did squat for me. Seller has my product, Paypal took MY money, and customer received all MY money back!!! What pisses me off most is the dirtbag had the nerve to also leave negative feedback!! 10+ Positive years and i finally get burned!!

Latest posts

Back