Ebay Sellers - Ever Beat False Defective Item Claim?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you allow returns then the buyer pays for shipping unless he can prove the item is defective. I know a guy that has acquired many saws from eBay and then claimed they were defective. most of these saws if not all were sold as not running or parts and he still received his money back, due to the cost of shipping and selling price many of the buyers let him keep the saw. He brags about on another forum and says he has 200 saws ( all junk) and he likes to brag when he stiffs a seller. He is a retired postal employee, a Seinfeld like Newman character, with no character. He belongs here too.

Is that guy on this forum? I'm pretty sure he bought one from me last year. What an epic douche he was.

I’ve beat a few, accepted bs returns if they paid shipping and sometimes just refund and let them keep it if I don’t have much in it. I had an idiot break a mantis recoil and eBay refunded them. They ended up giving me me my money back and letting the buyer keep the refund. If you call Ebay as soon as a return request is sent and stay on them you can make out ok. I have never been forced into refunding and paying return shipping.
I have heard about this type of situation happening but it is apparently very rare. In this case Ebay is the looser and I am sure they try to avoid this if at all possible.

Thanks for everybody's input. I did have a conversation with an Ebay CSR and she indicated that it would help any case to have a video available of the item being tested or in use prior to shipment. I don't know if this would really be useful or just a waste of time. I don't know if the CSRs can actually decide a case in the favor of a seller or if these go to some higher tribunal for pronouncement.

Thanks for everybody's input. I did have a conversation with an Ebay CSR and she indicated that it would help any case to have a video available of the item being tested or in use prior to shipment. I don't know if this would really be useful or just a waste of time. I don't know if the CSRs can actually decide a case in the favor of a seller or if these go to some higher tribunal for pronouncement.
Never EVER believe a eBay CSR, they lie and they admit to lying as part of their job. They have lied a numerous times to me, many of them don't understand that lying is wrong. Ebay uses a large number of foreign workers whose culture accepts lying on behalf of a employer and feels telling the truth could get them fired. They told me they found in favor of me on my casein the 600 dolar iPad and then 15 minutes later deducted the money from my account. One CSR told me it was an accident and that it couldn't be undone and her supervisor told me they were worried I might delete my banking information before they could charge me

All I can say about buying is to find reliable sellers, I have a few favorites for chainsaw parts, both in China and the US whom I've never had problems with and always look for them when buying items they sell.
There is over a dozen very reliable parts sellers I have used on eBay, no problems there, most of the issues come with whole saws or high ticket items like electronics

When I sold saws on ebay I went through them before the sale, did everything by the book, didn't try to fool anybody and still got saws sent back to me as being "not as advertised". I concluded that people bought my saws, cut their winter firewood and then sent their free rental saw back to me. I saw no way to counter that so I decided to quit selling except on Craigslist and maybe one day on Facebook...

Back