Screwed by ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "no returns" doesn't mean anything. Ebay will send a return label to the customer, and bill you for it, or worst just refund them and not require them to return the product. All on the sellers dime with basically no recourse. It's a shite show.

The "no returns" doesn't mean anything. Ebay will send a return label to the customer, and bill you for it, or worst just refund them and not require them to return the product. All on the sellers dime with basically no recourse. It's a shite show.
Haven't had that experience..... Didn't know it was a thing.

If the product falls into the eBay money back guarantee you will get your money back and eBay will bill the seller. Doesn't matter how many pictures or how well you've described something, or if it's fully functional. I got scammed on a 6 channel spectrum rc remote and case like that. Fully functional, with hard case and an extra receiver. Sold it at a steep loss. The guy that bought said I didn't include the manual and didn't say there was no manual in the description. It's a downloaded manual off spectrums web site. I told him that, and sent him a hyper link to the manual. Ebay still refunded his money even with the evidence i provided, that there was no paper manual amd I supplied him a link to the manual. They still sided with the guy, refunded him money and I never got the radio back. Questioned an ebay representative about it and was basically told it was my fault and since I agreed to the seller agreement they were within their right to refund the customer. Total bs.

If the product falls into the eBay money back guarantee you will get your money back and eBay will bill the seller. Doesn't matter how many pictures or how well you've described something, or if it's fully functional. I got scammed on a 6 channel spectrum rc remote and case like that. Fully functional, with hard case and an extra receiver. Sold it at a steep loss. The guy that bought said I didn't include the manual and didn't say there was no manual in the description. It's a downloaded manual off spectrums web site. I told him that, and sent him a hyper link to the manual. Ebay still refunded his money even with the evidence i provided, that there was no paper manual amd I supplied him a link to the manual. They still sided with the guy, refunded him money and I never got the radio back. Questioned an ebay representative about it and was basically told it was my fault and since I agreed to the seller agreement they were within their right to refund the customer. Total bs.
Did you phone Ebay, not that it would have helped though.

Did you phone Ebay, not that it would have helped though.
No, I was in communication with them via email. (Ebay mail, actually.) Calling them is about a waste of time. I cut my losses and haven't sold on ebay since that last batch of stuff. I'd rather throw it all out then deal with the fees and bs.

No, I was in communication with them via email. (Ebay mail, actually.) Calling them is about a waste of time. I cut my losses and haven't sold on ebay since that last batch of stuff. I'd rather throw it all out then deal with the fees and bs.
If I have an issue I generally just give them a call and most times they get it resolved.

Been an eBay member since 99, bought a lot of stuff, sold quite a bit there too . Never got screwed (although I thought I was going to a couple times) .
It used to be pretty fair to sell stuff there, but nowadays, the fees and shipping make it hard to get a fair price in your pocket.
...and when it comes to shipping that's not eBay's fault, the 3 big (american) carrier's prices have gone through the roof. eBay actually gives sellers discounted shipping rates...Of course they prolly make it back with the fees 😆

Yeah eBay always ALWAYS sides with the buyer. It's cost me a few times. Also helped me a few times. Although sometimes it isn't automatic. I've had them try and take the sellers refund and KEEP IT THEMSELVES before... until I harassed them enough they gave up and forwarded it to me. And yes, trying to get them on the phone is possibly the single worst customer service experience I've ever had.

Big part of why I don't sell anything there anymore (That and it's like 20% in fees now after payment and eBay fees + ebay fees on shipping/tax/etc)... AND with the tax reporting requirements triggering at like $600 now... it makes your taxes a MASSIVE PITA if you sell there. Heck I triggered the 20k cap a few years back when I sold off a bunch of stuff (all used stuff at a loss prior to a downsizing move).... My taxes took WEEKS to sort out. HUNDREDS of items; one by one itemized; had to find receipts/etc in case of Audit to prove I didn't profit from the sales/wasn't a business. It's an absolute S-show. Reporting the sales took longer than listing/packing/shipping all the stuff had.

Been an eBay member since 99, bought a lot of stuff, sold quite a bit there too . Never got screwed (although I thought I was going to a couple times) .
It used to be pretty fair to sell stuff there, but nowadays, the fees and shipping make it hard to get a fair price in your pocket.
...and when it comes to shipping that's not eBay's fault, they actually give sellers discounted shipping rates, the 3 big (american) carrier's prices have gone through the roof. ...Of course they prolly make it back with the fees 😆
I disagree 100%! I pay the same and sometimes less than what Ebay claims to be discounted shipping. They also charge sales tax and ebay fees on top of what the shipping fees they claim are.

Yeah eBay always ALWAYS sides with the buyer. It's cost me a few times. Also helped me a few times. Although sometimes it isn't automatic. I've had them try and take the sellers refund and KEEP IT THEMSELVES before... until I harassed them enough they gave up and forwarded it to me. And yes, trying to get them on the phone is possibly the single worst customer service experience I've ever had.

Big part of why I don't sell anything there anymore (That and it's like 20% in fees now after payment and eBay fees + ebay fees on shipping/tax/etc)... AND with the tax reporting requirements triggering at like $600 now... it makes your taxes a MASSIVE PITA if you sell there. Heck I triggered the 20k cap a few years back when I sold off a bunch of stuff (all used stuff at a loss prior to a downsizing move).... My taxes took WEEKS to sort out. HUNDREDS of items; one by one itemized; had to find receipts/etc in case of Audit to prove I didn't profit from the sales/wasn't a business. It's an absolute S-show. Reporting the sales took longer than listing/packing/shipping all the stuff had.
I rarely have issues phoning them, understanding them, well that is different.

My experience was that it wasn't easy to get them, but the main problem is they just lie or don't know what they're doing.

Took me weeks to get a refund processed because they kept swearing it was already done... then when I said it wasn't... "OK I just processed it, it'll take a day to show up"... Took WEEKS of calling them and getting this exact same run around to get it actually done.

It got done the day I told them that my CC chargeback deadline was the following day and I would be filing a charge back... Somehow it magically got done in MINUTES after that threat.

My experience was that it wasn't easy to get them, but the main problem is they just lie or don't know what they're doing.

Took me weeks to get a refund processed because they kept swearing it was already done... then when I said it wasn't... "OK I just processed it, it'll take a day to show up"... Took WEEKS of calling them and getting this exact same run around to get it actually done.

It got done the day I told them that my CC chargeback deadline was the following day and I would be filing a charge back... Somehow it magically got done in MINUTES after that threat.
Their number is 866-540-3229

So far I have only three sellers who promised me a refund for a bogus item and I never received the refund. Yes, it is irritating, but you have to expect that these days. There are sellers who know in advance that the product they are offering is a fake. They figure you will not do anything about it and they will continue to offer it.

I quit selling on eVilBay years ago, when I had to pay for a buyer's return shipping, after eVilbay said everything was fine with my description edit, the seller went by the title and read nothing else about an iPhone I was selling. I sold the same phone on Craigslist, which I am getting tired of too.
This seller wants to get rich off saw hoarder parts saws, and shipping!
She refuses to understand ebay condition definitions. Gonna bite her in the bum.
Engine move freely? Look at the pics!
Only that she doesn't know much about saws.
Refuses to combine shipping, even on multiple identical partially stripped, guarantee of no returns, type offers.
What's more, she was snotty in OUR FIRST CONTACT EVER with
"I'm pretty sure I told you in a previous message the I ONLY ship saws singly, otherwise they get broken!"

Pleased to meet you too!
When I was about 12yo I decided that "Lady" was a clever enhancement on no-means-no, and I politely allow them this metaphorical line in the social sandbox. If a lady says no, and you continue on, it's begging. I do not beg.

Opps, nope, "Lady" means moody in this case. (Jerry Lewis noises intensify)
Lots of people asking about combined shipping, and she can't box properly. 😬
I really hope the only in Canada, clutch cover mounted chain brake is intact when it arrives.
Ebay link and FYI, she's too busy listing items to ship the one you bought. 7 days
Ifyouhavetotellpeopleyou'realadythenyouprobablyaren't LadyBug007 aka SawKaren Ebay items for sale
I saw the many listings, blind :cool:crap shoot, I never touch junk💔, a seller that "plays dumb":crazy2:.

Learned the hard way not to buy stuff that had a high price tag. Ordered 4 battery's, got 2, contacted seller, no response, turned it over to ebay, ebay responded that I should report the short delivery the police and get a police report and send that to ebay.
What a joke, turned it over to Paypal and in a day the problem was solved and a refund was issued.

Posting pics of what I received would likely violate the forum TOS. :eek:
Mag body saw, single WRAP of cardboard, ZERO packing material, taped by a tweaker, and oozing some sort of red oil.
Maybe a pint of red oil.

The next item, I requested a return label at her expense, she has until the end of today, or I get a free Poulan XXV-type with the Canadian chain brake. Same deal, one layer of cardboard and pouring oil inside it's one layer of tightly wrapped cardboard.

Dear Ebay, nothing "used" leaks this much oil unless it needs "repair or parts" mkay?
What Mr. Donato said here, exactly

Their number is 866-540-3229
That's actually really helpful as they do (or at least did) try desperately to hide it and funnel you to their support/community help page where they remove any posts that they feel like/make them look bad. But even so; I've called it and had 2+ hr wait times... so that's not the only problem.

With respect to bad shipping, oh yeah. I buy some pretty delicate items; and I've gotten ludicrously lucky for the most part; despite bad packaging jobs. To be specific; very rare and valuable vintage honing/sharpening stones. I would buy a lot that contained a bunch of garbage stones with 1-2 stones I care about... Seller would throw them all in a flat rate box with little/no protective materials... and multiple times the stones have arrived with a box of stone dust and the stones I cared about miraculously unharmed... Always fun emails to send sellers; basically: "You got lucky, I don't need a refund because I only wanted 1 of the 30 stones you sent me... but for future reference; your packaging sucks." And we're not talking cheap junk either... Often times these are auctions that ended for multiple hundreds of dollars.

Escher with label and cleaning stone intensifies 🤪
I've had similar experiences, assorted files all piled in with carborundum and a Tamoshanter.
Everything ruined except the slate ( isn't even hard slate, especially compared to the manufactred stone)

Escher with label and cleaning stone intensifies 🤪
I've had similar experiences, assorted files all piled in with carborundum and a Tamoshanter.
Everything ruined except the slate ( isn't even hard slate, especially compared to the manufactred stone)

On the money. A bunch of crystolon dust with a spotless Escher in the middle. Makes me picture a Thunderdome battle in the back of a USPS truck, and the Escher is Master Blaster (before Gibson showed up and spoiled his fun).

On the money.
I see things like coticule are back in production, reasonable on ebay, even the true doubles are reasonable.
God bless the enterprising folks who re-opened mining, 100 years after the Gillette takeover.

Regarding the Thuringen, I saw modern ones as while back called "Mueller Water Stone" or some generic nonsense.
$120 for the long boi? SOLD! Basically killed my lust for the Shapton 12k and 16k glassbacked units. 😢 RIP oh well! 😗
Shaptons are faster than any natural stone I've used, but also a bit soft.
Thuringian slate feels the finest velvet, but is hard as porcelain. Amazing.

If you don't need to make a flat bevel, diamond paste on leather will make it sharp until it's dull again. :laughing:
Great.
Now I'm wondering if diamond on a round leather and die grinder could be used to sharpen or smooth race chain.

Latest posts

Back