Where are different Husky's built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll said:
That sounds familar. What puzzles me is that the E-bay 65 actually are labelled Husqvarna, not only a sticker but on the number plate. I did not think that would be the case.

I have also seen pictured an eastern european version of a saw resembling the 162 family of saws, but that one was not labelled Husqvarna as I recall.
Do you know anything about that?

I have 5 or 6 65 saws and 2 77, none of the 77 has any letters on the plate.
The plate is on the case by the bar mount.
4 65 saws has the plate under the chain cover and they say Husqvana L65.

I have not seen any of the older saws have anything else than HVA on them.
Once they got sold/traded off they got new plates and in some cases colour too.
If it say's Husqvarna on the plate, that is what it is.

I know that the HVA MS100 was finished in Turkie after 1970, but still sold as HVA, as it was partly made here. I do not think it was sold here after 1970...

I do not know were the 162 ended up for sure, I have no dokuments of it, but I am told it too went to Dolphima.

I have a 77 that was made in Yugoslavia.

Just to add another model my 61 was built in Yugoslavia as well. Runs great!:chainsaw: :monkey: :chainsaw:

Jonsereds 630
Jonsered 670S 670C 630 2050Turbo 2065Turbo
Husky 254xp 257 61 61 261 new 357xp not fired up yet
Thank goodness for my :clap: 25 ton log splitter :clap: :givebeer:

parts on my 288s are stamped EM HUSQVARNA but made in Brazil and Chec.

i suspect they have some plants overseas making parts.

cheers, Serg

By now, I have learned that Husky has a factory in Brazil, where older models nla in Western Europe and North America have been/still are made.

A detuned version of the 272xp, 268 (open port), 61 and the 55 comes to mind - but I am pretty sure there have been a lot more models...........

There have been rumors of the 372xp moveing there as well, but it hasn't happened yet, as far as I know.

Low grade homeowner saws marked "Made in USA" are put together at the Poulan factory.

Last edited:
Just to add another model my 61 was built in Yugoslavia as well. Runs great!:chainsaw: :monkey: :chainsaw:

Jonsereds 630
Jonsered 670S 670C 630 2050Turbo 2065Turbo
Husky 254xp 257 61 61 261 new 357xp not fired up yet
Thank goodness for my :clap: 25 ton log splitter :clap: :givebeer:

Sorry folks, my 61 was made in Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Yugoslavia Too many saws, not enough memory

Sorry folks, my 61 was made in Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Yugoslavia Too many saws, not enough memory

Looks like the older models still in production are made about everywhere -lol.....:)

Not sure if Slovenia were part of ol' Yugoslavia...........

...memory have taken a vacation....

Last edited:
husqvarna model 65 practica

you have talked about hte yugoslavia tomos and husky sweden. No one has mentioned the Practica saw. where was it made and what is the story here? I have 2 77's and 4 65's and looking for more. Yes they are heavy but they are the reason husqvarna is so well thought of in the US. Another note about the machinery being worn out and sold to Yugoslavia, might it have to do with the labor was cheaper and the saws were too GOOD to compete with the cheaper throw away saws manufactured today. Bet you will not be searching for old parts for the saws made today 30 years from now. My thoughts. remember my advice and thoughts are worth what you are paying for them.! ED

you have talked about hte yugoslavia tomos and husky sweden. No one has mentioned the Practica saw. where was it made and what is the story here? I have 2 77's and 4 65's and looking for more. Yes they are heavy but they are the reason husqvarna is so well thought of in the US. Another note about the machinery being worn out and sold to Yugoslavia, might it have to do with the labor was cheaper and the saws were too GOOD to compete with the cheaper throw away saws manufactured today. Bet you will not be searching for old parts for the saws made today 30 years from now. My thoughts. remember my advice and thoughts are worth what you are paying for them.! ED

Welcome stouthaus

I have allway's wondered what is a Practica? I've seen that name used on several Husky saws.

The Yogo and other Eastern European Husky saws were a result of a Swedish political initiative, more than anything else, I believe.

"Practica" is just a label that Husky put on their "non-pro/semi-pro" saws for a while, back in the late 1970s/early 1980 - about the same meaning as "rancher", "farmboss" etc.

Last edited:
Back