Where are different Husky's built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedtree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
How can you tell where different Husky models are built? Is there a plant code in the serial number? Any other indicators.

husky locations

If they look like a Poulan in Husky colors but they are being sold in a box store, you'll have to check on where Poulan's are made.
Most folks don't have a problem with Husqvarna and Jonsred being made in the same factory. Different names but same quality equipment.
But in this case, Buyer Beware.
Now, back to the original thread.

It's interesting to note that when the Stihl plant in Virginia Beach first opened in 1974 they produced the 015, which was known as the saw for the "man about the house." I guess that meant the Ward Cleaver type.:laugh:
John

The Poulan made saws are the 36, 41, 136, 141, 137 and 142.

In the 1970 and -80s, husky had a series of homeowner type saws made in Canada (EMAB). These saws were also sold by a large number of other brands - Jonsered, Partner, Jo-Bu, Frontier, Skil, Poulan, and I think even more brands.
They also had a couple of homeowner models made by Solo in Germany.

All pro models and top end homeowner models have been made in Sweden.

HTML:
[QUOTE=SawTroll

All pro models and top end homeowner models have been made in Sweden.[/QUOTE]
If you say Sweden, do you mean one plant only ? I know only the Jönköping (Huskvarna) plant. Are there any others ?
thanks
Roland

Husky has been selling surplus and more or less worn out machinery to Eastern Europe, were it has been used for saw production, but I am pretty sure the resulting saws has not been sold as Husqvarnas.

Of course there is a possibility that these saws are believed to be Huskys after the labelling is worn off.

gypo.........

............i was recently bidding on a 65 made in yugo.
i really wanted to win it to see if the chain brake would fit mine.
but, alas, fools ran it up.

well whatever ,i wish these companies and a lot more would manufacture in the U.S. our boys need the work.i would hope the saws would be of good quality tho.

I allways wondered were the older Husky models offered outside Western Europe and North America were made.
It seems like we have some kind of answer here....

Last edited:
The name of the factory in Jogoslavia is Tomos. They got the 65 saw.

The 180 ended up at Dolphima in Polen.

This was political desitions made by Goverment and Husqvarna offered to sell their worn out tools for these models. Sort of a Europe big trade!

Mange said:
The name of the factory in Jogoslavia is Tomos. They got the 65 saw....
That sounds familar. What puzzles me is that the E-bay 65 actually are labelled Husqvarna, not only a sticker but on the number plate. I did not think that would be the case.

I have also seen pictured an eastern european version of a saw resembling the 162 family of saws, but that one was not labelled Husqvarna as I recall.
Do you know anything about that?

Last edited:
Here is a quote from a 4 year old post:
Walt Galer said:
...... The other saws in the East Block were either western saws, or TOMOS made in Yugoslavia licensed from Husqvarna. Normally model 65, but later models were tried at the least.

Latest posts

Back