where can I get a tach?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl026man

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
anyone know where I can get a decent tach that wont break the bank so I can tune my own saws?? Baileys didnt have much of a selection so just looking for some opinions here. thanks!

Zack

I dont know about the OP but for me, that tach seems a little too pricey for as much as I'd actually use it. I was originally going to get that one , but with the spending money getting tight (looking at getting a new saw), I dont want to spend much.

DTI Tech Tach, TT-20K is the one I use (amicks sells it) and comes highly recommended by members on this site. Do a search and you'll find lots of info.

See post #3 above. I believe that's the same tach. No?

DTI sells 2 very similar tachs, the tt-20k and the fast tach. They are basically the same tach just one is made for the shop and one for the woods (smaller).

And as far as those ENM tachs, They are not wireless and are very, very slow. But they are super cheap, sometimes as low as $23 on ebay.

Last edited:
I ordered a Stihl tach from the local dealer. Cost me just over $100, but considering shop rates around here I figure that I broke even within 6 months of buying it.

Was it wireless?

Either or. It is the EDT 8 and it works well when used as a wireless (that's the only way I have used it so far), but also comes with a lead that can be connected to a plug wire.

It works on both 4- and 2-cycle engines, which is what I required.

The thing I like best about the DTI 20K is the max hold feature. The capture rate is fast enough where a one thousand one - one thousand two count will tell you where you are then off the throttle. Don't know about the other companys but the thin plastic sheet over the display is rather a cheap way of doing things. :buttkick:

DTI Tech Tach, TT-20K is the one I use (amicks sells it) and comes highly recommended by members on this site. Do a search and you'll find lots of info.

After searching many threads here, I took that advice and placed my order for the DTI TT-20K from Amicks the other day. I'm stoked to get it :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back