Where can I get Partner parts????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little more info needed

Which parts what model pics are helpful in identifying various permutations of common model numbers

It depends on what models you need parts for but in general I got lots of nice used partner parts.

PEST said:
Which parts what model pics are helpful in identifying various permutations of common model numbers

Pictures do help.

But, if you're confident already about what model you have thats good:bowdown: On the older ones the badging always gets worn off and most of the models look very similar.

I would like a coil as well for a P85

Dude are you positive your coil is shot? Cause a universal kit would at least take care of your points issue. You should be sure.. cause as of yet the coil has proven to be a pain.

Mines sitting at Faulkner's in Bangor,ME and I'm convinced they can fix anything.

Last edited:
Okay again

We really need pictures because there are several different ignitions on those 85s can you take pics? There were 1 piece 2 piece with points 2 piece electronic and I think there was even a three piece but I don't remember if the 85 used it

The points I'll check on I think I have some NOS but I no longer have the parts books

I got a new condenser for it - that did'nt work, points look good to me - I cleaned & gapped them - that did'nt work, I got a new coil from an old dealer, it was off of something else that was close and I mean just the coil - I had to remove the old one from the magnet part and reuse the magnet, and to be honest it was a real pain to get it off and try to install the new one - still no spark and I'm not happy with this arrangement so I'm trying to find a good coil. My buddy has the saw right now so I can't post pics until I get it back from him, as soon as I do I will. It's a one piece coil + points + condenser.
Thanks, Matt

Ho boy

When you get the saw back snap some pics assembled, then with the top cover and recoil removed then with the flywheel removed.

my part # is a 325020A Prufrex. its a single from what i understand. will stop by Faulkner's in Bangor and see about snapping a shot of it. its sitting there while i attempt to find the coil. otherwise it will be a parts saw to support a working P85. Pistons are great etc......

hopefully one of us gets his saw going!!

:greenchainsaw:

I can't get sick of that smiley.. looks right for a partner too!!!

RD Faulkners yup thats them. They do mostly Solos now.. maybe I saw a Dolmar too. They've been great at referring me all around.. but lots of the old guys either died or shipped off their stuff. Theres a collector up around Allagash but I haven't gotten more info than that.

I'm bumming they don't do big bars or mills anymore...

I have several new coming

I have several new large bars coming and will have pricing after I test them.

Some mills as well

Have you visited the bigger sponsers? Baileys has alot

Working on getting a fitting saw up and running. Theres the P85 thats at the shop. Another partner on its way. Maybe another P85 in a month or so. Working on an id on my jonsereds..(good enough to fell in the yard). David Bradley 360..works..looks cool anyways. Etc etc... anyways the jonsereds the only one in any shape to do anything and not being "restored" hehe. These haven't cost me much at all so far. Thank god for junk shops and small repair guys!!

I'll be in better shape to know in a couple weeks. Still looking for a coil.

wheres that pest??

Hope this has still turned into a hot lead. My saw has been moved off the priority shelf at RD Faulkner's until we find a coil. Then we get to see about the fuel line and a couple bolts for the handle bar. The big task of the coil first before moving onto the small stuff.

Got it going!!!

My buddy took the P-85 and got it running somehow - guess I overlooked something. I have'nt got the details yet, many thanks for your help!
Matt

No I don't, My buddy took the coil to a shop and they did'nt have one, but they had a coil off of some other saw - I'm not sure what and when I say coil I mean just the plastic coated center part that the plug wire comes out of. We took the old partner coil apart, (it's a real pain in the a** to do this but we did manage to get it apart) and installed the new coil portion on the old magnet. We had to flip the coil assy. over upside down to fit on the saw due to the shape of the new coil (if I had been paying attention I would'nt have had to do this - I did'nt want to try to take it apart again so I just flipped it over), but it's working fine and the saw runs great now. At first I could'nt get it to spark so I started this thread, my buddy called me at work last night and said he had it running - I had it wired up incorrectly. That's all I know for now, but you might consider using another coil that will fit on your magnet like I did. I wish I could tell you exactly what the new coil was for but the guy I got it from was going out of business and just dug through some boxes and found it. It came in a plain white box and the numbers on the box are 5-5136 FWM-2513AS maybe someone here can decipher these numbers and tell you what it is. Good Luck! Matt

I got a 80's homelite mag-coil in a early 90's poulan. So yes some do interchange. I was working on a super 240 and noticed the coil looked alot like the one I needed for a 2000,ka-ching. Long as it works, who cares. Nice find.

well at least i'm getting leads and am on an exciting adventure. plus i'm daring to do a lot more work on these saws. if anyone makes it to Eddington, ME be sure to check out Airline Small Engine. the guy is an 82 yr old vet who always manages to get a lip of chaw in when i stop by. while looking for saw parts i got a vintage deli slicer, target quickie saw, a little homelite (good for ice fishin he said) and maybe soon a newer snowblower and a briggs motor for a mill. who knows what else will turn up.. as long as i can get mortgage paid.

so just to make sure the newbies are clear... coil is the part that sits on the transformer looking part... and they seem to be one in the same. this electronic crap is pretty much my challenge area that i'm at with saws.

so if the description i'm getting from rd faulkners is that my coil has shorted somewhere... its..... you guys fill in the blanks.. you know what you're talking about. i just like saws.

glad i learned how to "unlock" the homelite from an article in fine homebuilding!!

Latest posts

Back