Where does the time go?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've had a pretty good supply of canned 40:1 TruFuel. I'm down to 9 cans left.

I dated the cans when I purchased them. Two of the cans are dated 10-13. The other seven cans are dated 2-14. I use my Stihl Vacuum / shredder quite a bit. Been using the fuel dated 10-13 in it w/o any problems at all.

Used it again today for over two hrs. vacuuming up leaves from a dwarf Flowering Pear Tree in our front yard. Messiest damn tree ever. :mad:

And, there's nothing dwarf about it anymore. It's frigging huge! Anyways, tomorrow, I'm gonna limb the Hell out of it. It's limbs are way too low now. I got my MS-261 C-M prepped today. Fueled it up with the same fuel I've been using in my vac / shredder. Filled up the oil tank as well.

After about 7 pulls or so. it fired up. Sounded great. Ran it for minute or two, then shut her down.

Anyways, my point to this post is that the canned fuel seems to keep just fine long-term. I'm using fuel over 4 yrs. old and no issues at all.

I honestly didn't think it was that old and that much time had gone by since I acquired it. I'm not anticipating any problems tomorrow. My vac / shredder has been doing great with it. I think my saw will do just as well.

Latest posts

Back