Where to buy chipper anvils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my last one direct from the mfg. (Bandit). Phoned in order, and I think it got shipped out the same day.
The Ontario Bandit dealer (Nortrax) didn't have one in stock, didn't know the price, didn't know how long it would take to get one in, seemed like he could not care less, and even though he said he would call me back with that info....he most certainly did not.
I remember buying it was an expensive proposition with the currency difference, shipping, and customs broker fees.
(as a side note, the former Ontario Bandit dealers (Clark Kavanagh were awesome.......right up until Bandit decided to give them the heave ho).

Just wonder where you guys buy your chipper anvils from? I own a morbark.
Morbark Anvil, only critical part is one corner. this can be resurfaced with a bead of hard surface weld, then ground to a 90 deg corner, will last for years.

thanks for the info. I have a parts guy looking. If it doesn't work I will look into some of your ideas. I think I have enough anvil left to grind it down to a 90 deg corner.

Back