Where to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a plane old cast iron pot belly stove. Any ideas on where to buy one that is in stock and ready to pick up?
I have tried TS and Ace hardware with no luck. They don't carry them in store anymore. Thanks

Finding one in stock might be a challenge.

Looking on DuckDuckGo (I avoid Google as much as possible) there are several options, TSC, Amazon, Ebay and Lowe’s all came up

This may be something that you can order from Lowe’s, and get an in store pick up

If you’re looking to pick one up, and install it Today, I think that you are out of Luck

Honestly, with all the EPA regulations, I was Surprised that they are still even available.

Doug

Look on Facebook Marketplace. Lots of wood stoves on there in my area.

I just picked up a Fisher Baby Bear welded steel wood stove that popped up of Facebook Marketplace. I don't need it but for $150 I got it in case I have a future use for it.

I also got the aluminum feet with it and the feet sell for more than I paid for the whole stove.

It's not a pot bellied stove but is is built like a tank and has good cooking surfaces. I saw a Fisher Papa Bear go for $350 the other day. It takes wood up to 30 inches long.

I oiled the threaded air input screw as it was a bit stiff. Note the 96 Dodge 4x4 truck bed after delivering 250 or so half cord loads of hand tossed firewood. Also used for tree work.Fisher Baby Bear 4-27-2021 016.JPGFisher Baby Bear 4-27-2021 009.JPGFisher Baby Bear 4-27-2021 014.JPGFisher Baby Bear 4-27-2021 002.JPG

Finding one in stock might be a challenge.

Looking on DuckDuckGo (I avoid Google as much as possible) there are several options, TSC, Amazon, Ebay and Lowe’s all came up

This may be something that you can order from Lowe’s, and get an in store pick up

If you’re looking to pick one up, and install it Today, I think that you are out of Luck

Honestly, with all the EPA regulations, I was Surprised that they are still even available.

Doug
TS has the best price but they quit carrying wood stoves in store. I'm gonna check tomorrow and see how long it will take to order one. With the supply chain interruption I don't want to put money down and then find out they can't say when it will come in. My shop stove bit the dust several years ago and it's time to replace it. I may go with a steel stove vs cast iron. Cast is so brittle and they are not completely air tight.

Picked up the new stove today. I'm almost finished installing it. I have 2 sections of pipe to put up on the roof and put a flange around the roof line and top cap. To bad it was 87 degrees today. Gonna have to wait for the next cool/cold front to come in before I get to fire it up but it fits the spot where my old pot belly stove was like a glove.I cant wait to see how well it works and if it was a good buy or not. I have a few things to button up but I'm ready to get'er going.

I couldn't stand it and had to fire it up with some kindling. Just a short fire that will last a few min. I wanted to see how it drafted. Fire lasted all of about 10 min. i have to button down a few things to complete the install. The pipe is strait with no bends and is 10 feet high. I'll finish it up tomorrow Shop is only 20x 40. 1200 btu should keep the shop nice a cozy given it's a small shop. We will see how it does when it get real cold.
It heated up real quick with just a hand full of kindling.
IMG_5183.JPG

That stove looks very close to combustibles. Make sure you check the manual. Nice stove though.
There is nothing behind it but sheet metal. The left side is just sheet metal and I have 2 layers of sheet metal on the right side. Plus I'm gonna stack bricks all the way around except for the front. This little fire didn't burn hot or long enough to heat anything up. I had a pot belly stove in that spot for years with no issues. I generally have a fan blowing on the stove to push the hot air around the shop.

Latest posts

Back