Where to find a winch for csm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdale

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a hand winch that works well on a csm? The one at harbor freight looks way to big.

Thanks

Yes please post pics when you get yours setup. I've seen the kit from a U.K. Website and YouTube vids of it being done. I'm going to check Lowe's and Home Depot on lunch and see what they have. I see some on Amazon but would like to see it in person first to make sure it will work.

fb9bee8826cd60104763c1be3fcbbf2d.jpg
546e88e9482beae512f4245c0f0adc28.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a link to a hand winch that works well on a csm? The one at harbor freight looks way to big.

Thanks
I got one at tractor supply. $17.99 I will try to load some pics. I does not come with cable. I wouldn't use cable anyway but parachute cord with 75 lb break. At some point it will meet up with the moving saw blade and I want the rope to give. Plus when cranking it you get a better feel with the string.

I made the brackets myself from bar stock. I kept the winch near the powerhead and added a pulley so my 78 yo father doesn't have to climb on the log to be the sawyer. I can move the pulley bracket closer or farther based on bar length by undoing 2 bolts. Its like having 2 guys pushing through the cut. The winch has 3 positions, a ratchet in, ratchet out and freespool. I crank on on freespool because you get a better feel for the pressure to keep on the blade. No more see sawing the mill through the cut! Its a Panthermill2 mill and I just replaced the factory pushbar with some thicker 1 inch tube I had laying around my shop. Its longer because I use it with longer bars.

Latest posts

Back