Where would we be without journalists to help us out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here is an unbelievable web article. It includes gems like how best to find a good tree service from signs posted in yards to those nice little flyers that show up on your door. No useful ideas were suggested, like looking in the phone book under tree service, or asking your co-workers for any references.

In the event you don't want to hire a "professional landscaper" to do your tree trimming, he goes on to give all the helpful advice necessary to do it yourself. Including a comprehensive list of things to buy and a complete guide of how to do the work.

Other web pages at this site are almost as bad, especially the informative article on "evergreen trees".

http://trees.enjoyyouryard.com/Articles/Find_a_Tree_Trimming_Service_or_Simply_Do_It_Yourself.php

Talk about all the angles....
Wood chipper required chainsaw optional. Dang now I see that I bought my stuff in the wrong order ;).
I saw a tree removal show last night on DIY. It was actually pretty good.
Although the arborist had some pretty risky saw handling practices. I hope that lots of potential customers get the chance to watch it.

Here's the author's email address. Maybe we can all shoot him a line and set him straight.

Here's what I wrote to him:

Hello,

I was directed to your articles from an arborist forum. After reading some of your articles, it is clear that you have no experience or knowledge of trees. Your articles have no depth, offer no information, and the advice you give is very dangerous and misleading. I realize you are probably publsihing these articles in an attempt to increase the number of times your name and business appear in search engines, but your articles are of no value whatsoever. Please leave the article writing to professionals.

Mike Riley
ISA Certified Arborist

Here's another of his articles, this one on "Fashion Belts" - this guy'll write about anything!:
http://www.niche-mania.com/Never_Underestimate_A_Fashion_Belt.html

Last edited:
Why not take your own to task.
I count six tree service companies advertising on that page.
Hey I bet those guys even top trees.

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post. :dizzy: Those advertisements are through google adwords. The companies advertising have little control of where their ads are placed. No one contacted that site and asked to advertise there. The webmaster of that site added Google adsense to their page in order to generate revenue, and google uses keywords to determine which sites show up there. Theoretically, one could blacklist all the sites they did not want their ad to show up on, but who has the time or patience for that?

I would rather have my ad on that site. The possibility exists of that consumer landing on my webpage and giving me the chance to educate them before they go hurt themselves or ruin their trees after taking advice from this clueless dude.

(By the way, my ad was #1 on that page when I visited).

Last edited:
All he cares about is that that page draws viewers/clicks and attracts the attention he desires. I wouldn't go emailing him or take a chance of that having even better search results because now there's a link to it on this site. Let it die a slow withering death.

What a jackass. His biggest concern is the height of the tree so you know how tall a ladder to buy. HAHA! Then go buy a chipper, a chainsaw and the apparel. IT'S THAT EASY! And you don't need a pro because its that easy!.

This is yet again another example of indirect Darwinism. He won't die from the fall but his readers will.

Latest posts

Back