Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nkila220 - I kicked tires on 562xp for some time as well ...finally bought one and love it. It is a little BEAST right out of the box. No negative issue with mine even though mine is not the latest EL 48 carb that is supposed to be the remedy to those few who did have problems.

Coupled with a light Tsumura bar, this combination makes me happy to go cut serious loads of wood anyday.

I have a 562 and a 365. If I was only planning to run a 20"bar on the saw, I would get the 562. I noticed you said you had spent over $10,000 at your equipment dealers. Have you been buying mowers there or other lawn care equipment?

nkila220 - I kicked tires on 562xp for some time as well ...finally bought one and love it. It is a little BEAST right out of the box. No negative issue with mine even though mine is not the latest EL 48 carb that is supposed to be the remedy to those few who did have problems.

Coupled with a light Tsumura bar, this combination makes me happy to go cut serious loads of wood anyday.
That's definetly good news to hear. I just get so OCD with research and I go back and forth so many times it starts to drive me insane. Lol. But thank you all for the input. It's interesting to see what everyone says. Knowledge is power I believe, I'm not trying to BS, more just trying to gather every bit of info I can!

I have a 562 and a 365. If I was only planning to run a 20"bar on the saw, I would get the 562. I noticed you said you had spent over $10,000 at your equipment dealers. Have you been buying mowers there or other lawn care equipment?
Yea got a hustler super z 60 inch zero turn there and then just a few months ago a redmax ebz8500 backpack blower. Plus filters and other misc. parts for the mower and such.

I spent over $17,000.00 at my fav equipment dealer, he also carries Husky saws... I STILL ordered the Jonsered... Best dealer support around here is Husky, but I'm STILL not willing to pay $200.00 more to get it!

I doubt i'll ever need it, and if that day comes, i'll try local.....if that doesn't work, there's plenty of good dealers on line that are just a UPS away... I'll still be plenty of money ahead.

I'll bet I never have to send it out though,

SR

That and the 2260 is a lot better then the 562xp! (Because it is red and black ) just like the Dolmar 6100 which happens to be the best 60cc saw.

And I would run a 24 inch if I got the 365. Extra reach. Plus I do have a liking towards the inboard clutch and dual ring piston.
Just when I am convinced I made up my mind I overthink it again and change my mind. Well I have untill Monday to decide.

I spent over $17,000.00 at my fav equipment dealer, he also carries Husky saws... I STILL ordered the Jonsered... Best dealer support around here is Husky, but I'm STILL not willing to pay $200.00 more to get it!

I doubt i'll ever need it, and if that day comes, i'll try local.....if that doesn't work, there's plenty of good dealers on line that are just a UPS away... I'll still be plenty of money ahead.

I'll bet I never have to send it out though,

SR
You'll love you're 2260[emoji106] it feels more like running my 550xp than it does running the 562xp.

The only time i have ever smiled and felt fuzzy when i got a new saw was when i opened the box and pulled my 2260 powerhead out....seriously[emoji1]

And I would run a 24 inch if I got the 365. Extra reach. Plus I do have a liking towards the inboard clutch and dual ring piston.
Just when I am convinced I made up my mind I overthink it again and change my mind. Well I have untill Monday to decide.
Have you handled these saws?

They are two different size and class saws. I sold a 365 after running the 562 for a year.

Yea I've ran a 562xp and a jonsered 2166 (same as the 365 obviously) and I just thought the 70cc saw had more torque. I understand the raving about the 562, it's an impressive saw. But the bigger 365 just seems like it would hold up better in the long run. It really scares me how high the 562 screams in the revs. I heard like 14,500 stock? Then rev boost kicks it up over 16,000 for the second after u pull the trigger. Just seems like it's made for performance but won't last like a bigger slower reving saw. But that's just what it says to me. I see a lot of people sayin otherwise as far as them holding up.

You'll love you're 2260 it feels more like running my 550xp than it does running the 562xp.

It's the same saw guts as a 562xp, I'm interested to hear how it could feel so much lighter like a 550xp? Did they use more plastic somewhere? I don't see a weight for the 2260 but am guessing it has to be very close to the weight of a 562xp?

Jonsered 2260 (found the weight - 12.35 lbs)
http://www.jonsered.com/ca/en/chainsaws/cs-2260/

Husky 562xp (12.8 lbs is what mine weighed - but web site now says 13.01 lbs)
http://www.husqvarna.com/ca/en/forest/products/xp-saws/562-xp/#specifications

Yea I've ran a 562xp and a jonsered 2166 (same as the 365 obviously) and I just thought the 70cc saw had more torque. I understand the raving about the 562, it's an impressive saw. But the bigger 365 just seems like it would hold up better in the long run. It really scares me how high the 562 screams in the revs. I heard like 14,500 stock? Then rev boost kicks it up over 16,000 for the second after u pull the trigger. Just seems like it's made for performance but won't last like a bigger slower reving saw. But that's just what it says to me. I see a lot of people sayin otherwise as far as them holding up.
I have little doubt that either saw will suffer significant wear cutting firewood and clearing trails. Commercial use may see issues after a year or two, but that is the same for any saw. Bearing issues, flogged out AV mounts, piston wear, just don't occur without abuse or a gallon a day, every day for years.

Your rpm range is high, the 526 doesn't rev that high. If you like the extra torque and don't mind the size and weight, get the 365. It's a great saw too.

Oh and I forgot to add... the Jred 372 is also on sale at LCS for anyone interested:

Jonsered CS 2172 Chainsaw (Powerhead Only)
$674.96

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

Same internal components and features as
Husqvarna model 372XP Chainsaw

• 70.7CC Chainsaw Powerhead Only
  • 5.5HP, 13.4lbs., .375″
Still cheaper than a 562 and it has the inboard clutch. Nuk nuk nuk. No brainer. Cheap as chips. And very much unlike Baileys, shipping from LCS is cheap. Shipping for me for this 2172 is only $16, so the total shipped to my door for this puppy is only $692. Hmmmm. Christmas in red and black!

It's the same saw guts as a 562xp, I'm interested to hear how it could feel so much lighter like a 550xp? Did they use more plastic somewhere? I don't see a weight for the 2260 but am guessing it has to be very close to the weight of a 562xp?

Jonsered 2260 (found the weight - 12.35 lbs)
http://www.jonsered.com/ca/en/chainsaws/cs-2260/

Husky 562xp (12.8 lbs is what mine weighed - but web site now says 13.01 lbs)
http://www.husqvarna.com/ca/en/forest/products/xp-saws/562-xp/#specifications
Its a smaller saw. The top cover is lower and smaller, the small mount bar is a little lighter. Its closer to the size of a 550 than it is a 562 IMO. The size difference is bigger than the weigh difference. Its not a LOT lighter but it is lighter.

Oh and I forgot to add... the Jred 372 is also on sale at LCS for anyone interested:

Jonsered CS 2172 Chainsaw (Powerhead Only)
$674.96

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

Same internal components and features as
Husqvarna model 372XP Chainsaw

• 70.7CC Chainsaw Powerhead Only
  • 5.5HP, 13.4lbs., .375″
Still cheaper than a 562 and it has the inboard clutch. Nuk nuk nuk. No brainer. Cheap as chips. And very much unlike Baileys, shipping from LCS is cheap. Shipping for me for this 2172 is only $16, so the total shipped to my door for this puppy is only $692. Hmmmm. Christmas in red and black! I need a 70cc saw... I decided against the 461 that I looked at last week, because it had been dicked with and it was well used.
Just went on their site. I cant believe those prices. I want to order one but am just concerned about service.

Back