which basic climber/arborist courses are better, ACRT or Arbor Master

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckwith.mark

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm new to the boards, and new to urban forestry (have a diverse background/education in forestry, including chainsaw work), and im interested in taking a basic climbing course as a means to start a career in arboriculture...can you folks offer your thoughts on the basic course offered by Arbor Master and ACRT? are they worth it? will they provide a good "resume builder" and skills foundation to help start a career? any insight would be great-thanks!

I have been to several arbormaster classes and have to say they are awesome. I got most of my climbing training doing R/O so not hard to imagine these guys blew me away the first and last time I saw them. I cant say anything about the other training programs good or bad but arbormaster is great.

I have been to several arbormaster classes and have to say they are awesome. I got most of my climbing training doing R/O so not hard to imagine these guys blew me away the first and last time I saw them. I cant say anything about the other training programs good or bad but arbormaster is great.

An older dude that I work with did Arbor Master courses, and he said they were excellent. He's not a bad climber as a result of it either.

thanks for all the advice! I have heard a few locals here in western NY suggest Arbor Master as well. the only issue with them is that in order to enroll in a course they require you to be in a position directly related to arboriculture (as per their website), I'm not in such a position (yet),so who knows how that will pan out-does any one know if they make exceptions?

Back