Which Husqvarna saw did I inherit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
There shouldn't be a tag there on that model family - that was on newer and smaller saws.

The carb likely is a HS-224, unless it is a frankensaw. It did happen that they substituted a similar size (17.5 mm in this case) Walbro though.

They are usually just below the oil fil cap, are they not?

nlwPk4Jp6rFXSL71WSY7-i29I1ySiCd74U60oqrgXg=w631-h473

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Well I have zero cents into it, all I did is pick it up off the curbside, was under several black garbage bags that were stuffed with clothing and bedding. The bar tip actially caught my pants leg as I was turning to leave, parted the bags and there was a saw attached to that bar n chain.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
I actually suspected it was, after blowing up the picture - I couldn't read the tag, but it generally looked like a TOMOS one. Are there any clue to the time it was made in the serial number?

Gee, ..I don`t know Nikko. I posted the serial number a couple of times and it never came to any real conclusion, several guys that thought they knew Huskies made guesses but no real solid date was set.

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Well I have zero cents into it, all I did is pick it up off the curbside, was under several black garbage bags that were stuffed with clothing and bedding. The bar tip actially caught my pants leg as I was turning to leave, parted the bags and there was a saw attached to that bar n chain.
Well it holds my 16' canoe in place very well even when the wind is kicking up a bit.....LOL

Just when I thought my disdain couldn't grow any greater.........you have proved me wrong.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I think it's the other way around(silver is early).

Silver is early, 1986 and older on Swedish made saws - but it also is on TOMOS made saws, no matter when they were made.

Black have been used on Swedish made saws since 1987, and also on Poulan and Brazilian made ones, as far as I know. The only exception I know of are the TOMOS made saws (originally Yugoslavia, from about 1991 Slovenia). It was a project that was forced on Husky by the infamous Swedish prime minister Olof Palme, about 1974 - starting with the L65, when it was outdated as a pro saw.

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Silver is early, 1986 and older on Swedish made saws - but it also is on TOMOS made saws, no matter when they were made.

Black have been used on Swedish made saws since 1987, and also on Poulan and Brazilian made ones, as far as I know. The only excepition I know of are the TOMOS made saws (originally Yugoslavia, from about 1991 Slovenia). It was a project that was forced on Husky by the infamous Swedish prime minister Olof Palme, about 1974.
Thank you for the explanation.

Latest posts