Which Mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gemniii

gemniii

Addicted to ArboristSite
How's that working out for you Bob?

Um, yeah Bob, are you posting from your 880 ? :)

I fully understand, I didn't get involved with computers until early college when I worked at IBM Burlington (Vt.) in the chip slicing section. That was when they collaborated with the French and finally managed to put (reliably) 3 (THREE) transistors on a chip about 0.1cm by 0.1cm. I still remember the ladies who a few years earlier were stringing mag-core memory like tennis rackets.

Now if I had had a couple of 660's, a Mark III and a BSM I would have been milling my Dad's 30 acres!

But all I had was the Craftsman.
attachment.php

SAWsquatch

SAWsquatch

ArboristSite Lurker
I'm fairly new to milling but have an Alaskan and love it. Tried a mini and didn't like it at all if you want any consistency. Only thing about any of them is you need a big saw to rip a log. If your handy and can weld, look through the posts here and make one. Not very hard to do. I should've built mine but didn't because I hadn't seen one first hand and needed one fast for a project. I will make my next one though...
I'm looking to weld a mini and large Alaskan soon and was wondering if you got around to welding one up? I would like to ask some questions