Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest and strongest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest?

• Saw #1

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Saw #2

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont wish to get involved in this pizzing match, Dont really care who's saw beat who's saw or how one saw looks compared to another on Video. Put the same B/C in the same peace of wood at the same time enough said !
All I know is a man brought a saw to a GTG. I did no tuning to ether saw they where run as is, the saw was ran aginst a STOCK saw (witch BTW is still stock and available) by 3 different operators. the stock saw was noticeably quicker and more forgiving thats IT, after this finding the man who owned the saw was in shock to say the least, all I did was offer a port job if he would buy a new cly/piston, as said guilty as charged !, he seems to like the saw now that all that matters to me. To "me" the saw is rather impressive and i wouldn't be afraid to put it up against any 5ci work saw rev limiter and all.
Like I said in my 1st (and only post untill now) this was a pretty low way to make a point , I'm fairly confident had I done this I would have been ran out of here on a rail and perhaps banned. I'm new here but I was under the impression flogging of another sponsor was a NO NO ? Against the rules ?
Sure I will admit I have NO luv lose for Brad for obvious reasons that do not have anything to do with this fine site.
It some how appears Mr.Snelling seems some what threatened by me being here,
I didnt come to try and take work from Brad or anyone else ! I could get all the saw work I wanted by just saying YES, I became a sponsor so if some one mentioned a saw that i did they wouldn't be publicly flogged thats it, BTW I was up front with Jenifer when I did this.
Just for the record I would neaver stoop to the levels on a public forum that have been shown in this thread. I have also been made aware that even PM's I shared with Brad from a totally different forum have surfaced, humm I always thought that what PM where for to take differences private and not pollute a forum like this.
I was always taught once I was old enough to be called a Man to act like one not a teenager that didn't get his own way.

For you guys that dont know me I do a little saw work during the winter mouths, I enjoy building full out alky race motors the most, By far "not" the fastest going but we get lucky every now and then. I learn something new ever time I push the envelope to far.
I also play with a few works saws I try to concentrate on make a high torque saw something forgiving, that works in the real world. Sure i can build high reving saws but I see no real reason to push the RPM's for a work saw, I say save the revs for a racers after all thats what race saws are..
Good chance this will be my last post on this matter like I said early I'm not into all the BS... lace them'em up and the the chip's fall where they fall, that always tells the tale good or bad.
Have a good day gentlemen I have deer hunting to do.
hey brad.......hey brad,where are you????? seems there is two sides to every story,what are you doing,gluing the fins back on the 066????????:hmm3grin2orange:

What a train wreck. Start off discussing modified saws and end up at football, rt-PCR, gel electrophoresis, and G. Loomis fishing gear.

Why in the blue hells does this place look like lawnsite???

What a train wreck. Start off discussing modified saws and end up at football, rt-PCR, gel electrophoresis, and G. Loomis fishing gear.

Why in the blue hells does this place look like lawnsite???

Hey don't blame me, I tried to keep it about fighting, but I finally caved in and decided to talk about the Colts a little bit and Rex Ryan's possible foot fetish with Peytin Manning:hmm3grin2orange:

BTW Congrats Jet fans, they played a great defensive game last night.

Bands are present or absent for DNA, for RNA it gets a little more complicated. I get quantitative all the time, qPCR or microarrays if I feel like wasting months of my time.

Hey, I hear they are cutting down redwoods in CA; you going to sit in one over spring break? That's what ecologists do, right?

Makes perfect sense. Plenty of questions where amount of RNA is critical...can't think of one that isn't technique-oriented where you'd want amount of DNA. Myabe counting plasmids in your favorite prokaryote?

You could fit what I know about molecular techniques into a hat, and still have room for a rather large head. I took a class on it in grad school so I would at least know what tools I'd need to address certain questions, but that info is getting out of date (hint: did Sanger sequencing by running a gel!)

I'll be there to chain myself to the prettiest girl chained to a tree. I'm bringing my saws though, so I'll have something to do once she gnaws her leg off.

LOL what can you do? Do you have some fast ones? I don't post much anymore but we do have to make it to a GTG in Ohio this year!! might have to make it to more than 1. i got some saws that run ok. just wish I could run them like them there real good guys. But I think I heard about a GTG at some ball feild in Ohio where only the winner walks away. That sounds like fun.

All of my saws are fast, as for what can I do? that's me to know and you to find out! The only saw competition I'm interested in is where we all pull into the timber
and see who can fill their pick up the fastest. The little stop watch races with a log strapped to a saw horse are for kids , I wanna see how fast you and your saw work and how long they last . You cant tell anything by a 10 sec race , that's like a high school boy and his first time, its over before he starts! An all day race is where you separate then men from the boys!

Hey Mo, you might be barking at the wrong tree with Helsel, they are the real deal! Real loggers by day and build some of the fastest race saws by night. They do both and do both well :cheers:

Hey Mo, you might be barking at the wrong tree with Helsel, they are the real deal! Real loggers by day and build some of the fastest race saws by night. They do both and do both well :cheers:

Thats great as far as the real loggers part! Then they should know what I mean. As for their race saws I still could give a #### less! LOL
Also I wasnt the one who started barking, I just barked back! LOL

I dont wish to get involved in this pizzing match...

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the thoughtful and informative post.

I'm pretty sure the thread actually didn't have anything to do with you. Brad started a similar pre-emptive thread when he knew word was going to get out on a saw he rebuilt with a broken fin on it. As you can see, it creates confusion about the issue.

You just got drawn in to add to the confusion. This is butt-covering, pure and simple.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the thoughtful and informative post.

I'm pretty sure the thread actually didn't have anything to do with you. Brad started a similar pre-emptive thread when he knew word was going to get out on a saw he rebuilt with a broken fin on it. As you can see, it creates confusion about the issue.

You just got drawn in to add to the confusion. This is butt-covering, pure and simple.

Edisto, I know we have disagreed a few times in the past! lol Glad to see we agree on something , snailerriized saws LOL

It wasn't that long ago Brad was posting on RS asking what blow down was but now he can port saws better and faster than anyone....

Hey don't think I'm here taking sides. I'm not as I really have no idea what the hell this thread is all about. I read to page 17 or something and gave up.

This reply has nothing to do with Brad but don't underestimate what people can achieve with little experience. Some of the best tradesmen I have seen are younger guys. People sometimes think that experience produces a better product/result and that is not always the case.

The below comment is not directed at you Gink, just a general comment for readers who probably don't care anyway...

Who cares what times a work saw pulls in a cant? It doesn't mean anything over the space of a day felling trees. I'm happy with my modded saws, they increased my productivity, and have more than paid for themselves.

With crap going on like this it is no wonder there are a lot of AS faces popping up on other chainsaw forums, including mine.

Edisto, I know we have disagreed a few times in the past! lol Glad to see we agree on something , snailerriized saws LOL

I'm just tired of his shady tactics. He can sell what he wants...he's a sponsor after all, but if he has to use BS to do it, then I think the record should be set straight.

And that's exactly what this thread was started for.

Well Brad I have to hand it to you, it took alot to start a thread like this to show what your really made of.

Thanks for showing people that might have wondered about you, the truth!

You're your own worst enemy!

Hey come on guys. By all means question Brad for other reasons but don't make out he is producing crap saws. He isn't. Do some other builders produce better saws? Probably, but Brad's saws aren't crap, well the ones I have aren't anyway.
A few of the comments here are starting to hint that people who have bought his saws are either gullible or stupid. I'm one of them and am certainly not gullible or stupid...

"Hey don't think I'm here taking sides. I'm not as I really have no idea what the hell this thread is all about. I read to page 17 or something and gave up."

I didn't make it that far, and still don't have a clue as to what this thread is supposed to be about?? I saw some pretty fast/powerful saws cutting up some logs, without any before or after the mod's vid's, type of chain used, results of the testing in seconds etc....then all hell broke loose. Interested, I followed along for a few pages, then quit on page 9 or so when I saw the "kickin it in Tennessee video". It was more interesting, informative, and certainly more entertaining than anything else I saw in the thread.

I may become a follower of backwoods/country "Rap" because of all of this!:rock:.....Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back