Which rope?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
View attachment 217438
Is this Hy-Vee? Found this in a pile of old stuff I bought a while ago and never used. Had a Buckingham label on it but I think they were just selling it as a lanyard, both ends spliced. I looked up Hy-Vee and it shows it as having a blue core, not sure if this was before they started doing that, had a made date of 2000!
attachment.php

Hmm... Is there another brand called Hi Vee? I am climbing on Poison Hi-Vee and it's just like Poison Ivy, just a lighter shade of green.

Correction: They call the PI high vis. Hi Vy.

If it's safety blue it should be good line. I think it goes 7700# tinsel strength. I do a lot of rigging with those ropes.

The core is orange/ white too. It was 8 ft., I cut it to use one end as a split tail, just want to make sure what I got here.

Hi-vee. Core on ends were removed to splice it.

That's what I was thinking, I vaguely remember an old split tail I bought from Buckingham that had the same thing. Looked just like my Hi-vee climbline but no blue core. I think it's still kicking around, could probably dig it up.

This was cut at around 5ft, basically in the middle. There is no core material missing I don't think? It's almost 12 years old, might be before they started using different color core?
Actually I'm pretty sure nothing's been removed, the core is complete.

I was using safety blue as far back as 2000, as far as I can remember and I'm pretty sure I was even using it in the 90's. It always had a blue core that you could see on the ends. I switched over from big blue, true blue or whatever you call it sometime in the mid 90's I believe.

Back