Which saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone,a new newbie here.
I,m in the process of replacing my old Stihl 015 L.I'm doing this because it is hard to get parts and told there are none availble for this model anymore.All I wanted to do was replace the bar and chain.Went to a local dealer and came home with the wrong B&C.
I needed a saw that weekend and the stihl dealer was closed so I went to Home depot.I ended up buying a Homelite 45cc 18" Timberman.I used it for a couple hours seemed to work OK then I saw an add at Sears for 55cc 18"for $10 more.I thought this might be better than the Homelite because of the displacement.
After reading some posts here I get the impression that both saws are POS'S.
What is a good saw for under $200 that will not be used that often ???
Thanks for any input.

A well used stihl will start about $225 and go up from there. Maybe a little less for smaller saw. I'm not sure about used huskies, but I know they are popular on this site. Personally, I'm a stihl man, but that's only cause I have not given husky a fair chance. Look around for a used 025. that is a homeowners saw, not "pro" model, but will be a huge step up from the other was you've been running.

Back