which to buy husky 372xp or jonsered 2171?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy Chad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
wow what a great website! I am in the market for a bigger saw, I have been running my bullet proof old 254 husky for years now and I want something bigger for when I get into big hardwood. I had my heart set on a new 372xp because I have always been a husky guy but jonsered offers their deal occasionally on junk chainsaw trade ins and I have one to trade. Also, the Jonsered dealer in my area has a small engine shop and is a great guy to deal with great service and prices. I asked around and guys are telling me the 2171 is pretty much the same saw with a different color. I can get the Jonsered after trade for $600 where the 372xp will be $800 what do you guys think?

Welcome aboard. Sounds like to me you already answered your own question. Having a good dealer is a big plus and for 200 dollars less how could you go wrong?

Same saw under the covers. If you like the straight across front handle get the 2171 if it's cheaper.

I like the looks of the Jonseys. But I dont like the straight handle bar. I perfer the angled handlebars of the Huskys. But at 200.00 less for the Jonsered that is hard to beat.

The only difference other tha colors is the angle, or lack there of on the handlebars. The Husky is angled, where as the Jonsered is not. Some love the Jony handle, others hate it. I personally much prefer the angled handle of a Husky. You should be standing slightly offset to the side when your cutting anyway, and the angled handle promotes that. JMHO.

Thanks alot guys! Looks like i'm gonna buy my first Jonsered, and if the handle bugs me I will just swap it out. Forgot to mention I have been borrowing a big saw for awhile but after running the 2100cd all day I can't feel my hands! Plus it has no chainbrake and i don't like rolling dice. Thanks again

Thanks alot guys! Looks like i'm gonna buy my first Jonsered, and if the handle bugs me I will just swap it out. Forgot to mention I have been borrowing a big saw for awhile but after running the 2100cd all day I can't feel my hands! Plus it has no chainbrake and i don't like rolling dice. Thanks again

You will love the anti-vibe of the saw. Smoothest 70 cc made. My opinion anyway.:)

The only difference other tha colors is the angle, or lack there of on the handlebars. The Husky is angled, where as the Jonsered is not. Some love the Jony handle, others hate it. I personally much prefer the angled handle of a Husky. You should be standing slightly offset to the side when your cutting anyway, and the angled handle promotes that. JMHO.

I agree one should try to stand to the side, so a kickback would go over your shoulder instead of into your forehead.

But it's the straight handlebar of the Jred which promotes that stance!! :D

JMHO!! Your mileage may vary. Offer not valid in all states. Void where prohibited.

p.s. Get the Jonny!!

I agree, get the jred. For $200 dollars savings you can learn to love the straight handle, and of course they are the best looking saw on the market!
Tim

What Offer?

So what is Jonsered's offer on turning in an old saw? I feel CAD coming on. I recently bought a 372, because my dealer sold the last 2171 he had 2 days prior, so I paid 50 more for the 372. Absolutely love the 372, so maybe I should stash a 2171 away.

Apart from the colour the plastics are different between the two.

You can get the aftermarket handle bar from Bailey's for $30.

The 372XP handle will not bolt on to the 2171. You need the tank too. And then the chainbrake handle will be in the way because it's not at the same angle. Swapping cosmetics on these saws gets tricky.

Just make sure that the streight-across handlebar of the Jonsered doesn't feel awkward to you! :popcorn:

Also be aware that you can't use the large/high air filter on the Jonsered (but that rarely matters).

Back