Who, anybody wear the gear?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've watch a lot of videos, and other then factory videos, nobody wears chaps, helmets, eye protection, hearing protection(?), or even gloves. Some even wearing shorts and a tee-shirt, Yikes!

Living dangerously?

Plugs, glasses, boots, and pants are what I use all the time. Dont even own chaps.

Glasses and ear plugs for me. Occasionally I'll wear chaps if I'm in brush and want to wade through it. Boots are always on unless I'm testing a saw in a cant at home.

Gloves are somethin i just cant wear mike , i always wear glasses and either plugs or muffs..and chaps when im marchin through the woods...i just cant get used to gloves , Sometimes i try but they come off in under 2 minutes.

Chaps, gloves, muffs/plugs, glasses, sometimes a face screen/muff combo, steel toe boots. I am worth way too much (to me) to risk cutting me to pieces.

As a firewood hack I (we) stand a better chance of slipping falling w/ saw in hand. Fellers tend to cut delimb the main trunks, get up the end top off and done. We are stepping in around and over limbs cutting every branch 6" and bigger into 16 " lengths. We have much more debris to step on and 16" lengths roll under foot much easier than a full length limb.

dw

Full wrap chaps, boots, and gloves. My hearing has been toast for years, so muffs or plugs would be a total waste. I'll probably be a bit more religious about glasses this year than I've been in the past.

View attachment 433450

Chaps are cheaper..i missed work for 10 days because i couldnt bend my leg..and it even still hurts occasionally now because i cut alot of my knee cap away.
That looks a bit painful. I cut my leg with a chain not running with the brake locked. I drug it across my leg and had a nice 2" long cut. If it had been running it would have been much worse.

That looks a bit painful. I cut my leg with a chain not running with the brake locked. I drug it across my leg and had a nice 2" long cut. If it had been running it would have been much worse.

Actually when it happened it didnt hurt..it was probably my adrenaline..i had maybe a half mile to get to the road and i jogged the whole way there and called my woman to come get me .. the next day it felt like i shut my nuts in a truck door..it hurt.

Been there. Done that. Got 3 staples as a door prize.

I always wear ear protection, gloves and steel toes. If falling I wear my Husqvarna forestry helmet setup.

Latest posts

Back