Who has a nice lawn?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a beautiful yard. I need to get something going on mine as its mainly rocks and patches of grass. I like how yours looks!

TreeCo said:
Set your mower to 3 inches and mow what ever comes up. Nature will fill in the voids and you will have a nice natural lawn.

Put you money and effort into your trees and landscape plants and forget the lawn worship.

This photo was taken 10 minutes ago.

attachment.php

Dan,
Do you have kids? I was wondering how your grass holds up to foot traffic. I don't need perfect grass, just as long as it's green and full.

Trinity Honoria said:
Dan,
your yard is an inspiration! absolutely glorious!!!

It looks even better when seen in person. An excellent landscape. :bowdown:

Note the hostas in the natural areas. Wise use of groundcover plantings delivers results superior to turfgrass.

treeseer said:
An excellent landscape. :bowdown:

Note the hostas in the natural areas. Wise use of groundcover plantings delivers results superior to turfgrass.

It does look very nice. I really like hostas, and they come in so many varieties. Dan, do you have pics that show greater detail of the planter beds? Thanks, Roger.

I want Dan's yard.

Anybody have advice on how to make trees grow faster so that my yard can start looking like that? We have no trees left between the hurricanes and the powerlines. Almost depressing to see such a good looking yard. Have 2 10 ft live oaks and 1 10 ft laurel oak and they can't grow fast enough.

Beautiful yard Dan.

TreeCo said:
Rob here is a close up of a few hostas and Solomon's seal around the oak. This is from last spring. We've got over 1,000 hosta cultivars and a few hundred seedlings we are watching.

No pic? BTW, the name is Roger.

Latest posts

Back