Who here has had great weather this summer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mocajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here in central Missouri we have had an absolutely beautiful summer with only a couple of days where the heat index broke 100! As of lately I have actually seen my breath on my way in to work. Man these low to mid 70's in August and September rock. Only 2 weeks to bow season!

SO how many of you have had really nice summers also?

The rain barely ever let up, it's the first week of Sept. and we still have plenty of repairs in the shop, so for the time being life is good.

Saw news story yesterday this has been coolest summer ever recorded in Knoxville. Days that reached 90 F were 6 in June, 1 in July and 3 in Aug. High temp for year 92 F. Rain is 7" above avg.

2200' ASL here, the weather has been beautiful.

Hasn't been above 86 deg. here that I can remember.

Awesome weather here in the last few days, cool out.:clap: We got all of our stands and food plots ready for the upcoming deer season. Even had a chance to fix up a few saws.:D
attachment.php

Well we had RAIN,RAIN,RAIN and more RAIN!!!! We got the wettest June and July around here in along time,august wasnt any better!! I was beginning to think PA and Washington State switched places!!!Weather this week is good though... ABOUT TIME :)

Here in central Missouri we have had an absolutely beautiful summer with only a couple of days where the heat index broke 100! As of lately I have actually seen my breath on my way in to work. Man these low to mid 70's in August and September rock. Only 2 weeks to bow season!

SO how many of you have had really nice summers also?

Kentucky has been danged near perfect this year.
Of course we share the same weather just a little time difference.

Mike

Last edited:
cold dry spring. Canola came up patchy. Cereals did ok but late and short. Stayed dry and cold for too long. Germination was patchy and then rains came late. Three week spread on maturity on cereals and oil seeds. Hay is ok for the guys that waited a month longer than normal - grasses came in a second flush after the rains finally arrived. Protein will be low but there is surplus barley feed available because of a few big hog barns closing. Harvest is just starting. Canola, peas, lentils getting cut right now. Cereals are still benefitting from the heat wave this week (30C). Weird summer all around weather wise.

All in all, it will be a good harvest if we can get everything off without frost. Nut we had 3C last night, so doesn't look too optimistic yet.

Yea that's why we need more EPA regulated saws to combat this bullchit problem it's been cold and rainy here as well. I just gag when I hear global warming I think it's a problem with head in azz making it warmer.:dizzy:

Yea that's why we need more EPA regulated saws to combat this bullchit problem it's been cold and rainy here as well. I just gag when I hear global warming I think it's a problem with head in azz making it warmer.:dizzy:

Whoa now!

You leave my buddy Laird out of this!!!!LOL

We have had excellent weather here (Vancouver), had a hot spell for a little bit.

other parts of the province are on fire
That is putting it mildly. Temperature records were broken, 34C which is 100F, at Vancouver airport and a lot hotter in the interior. This has to be the worst fire season on record.

It's been too dry up here. Everything is green, but looking from pictures years back everything was a lot greener or at least light green, and i've only had to mow the lawn about 4 times or so this year.

Wet and Cool

I second your evaluation of the Summer. Wet and Cool: Maybe a little too wet on the farm; but I never complain about getting rain.

No Global Warming in PA.

Motobike

Record rainfall here this summer, but the temps have been on the cool side which is OK by me.

i'm in central PA also (close to harrisburg)..
overall this has been almost perfect summer, this week IS perfect, lows in the 50-60's, highs in the 70's...
i'd take this kinda weather all year long...
central air has'nt seen much action, only a few weeks...
global warming ???? i don't think so Al !!!!!!!!!!

Back