Who here likes Homelites? (homelite bash fest on another forum)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
csx, You must have a lot on your mind 'cause you aren't old enough to have CRS.
I've got a junker C5/51 somewhere and some C debris, it your's for the shipping, I'll pm a pic or two later.

csx, You must have a lot on your mind 'cause you aren't old enough to have CRS.
I've got a junker C5/51 somewhere and some C debris, it your's for the shipping, I'll pm a pic or two later.

Take him up on the offer Marine! Randy hooked me up with my first C5. :D

To a Marine armorer, working on C-Series Homies will be similar to working on an M2HB!

Hey Randy, if you have some of the Farbanks starter dogs (and the thin steel washers with the "double-D" hole that go under and on top of said dogs) from the early C-Series Homies amoung that "C debris" could you put them aside for me? They're always welcome here, especialy when the fiber friction section in the middle of the dogs is intact...

Same for trigger lock hardware (pin, spring, etc that holds the throttle above idle for cold starting) if you happen to have it. Gotta dig through my Homelite buddy's stash of Mac parts to see if there's anything you can use. Want a somewhat complete bicycle-handle gear drive Mac? I think it's a 1-92 or 1-93...

Last edited:
Don't get me going on homelite starters:dizzy:
Sure, I'll shift through what I have, there could be useful stuff left. Those frackin washers, they can be made from other stuff.

I'm not really ready for a two-man saw, yet, but I can make room for one.:clap:

Take him up on the offer Marine! Randy hooked me up with my first C5. :D

To a Marine armorer, working on C-Series Homies will be similar to working on an M2HB!
PM sent to him. I wish now i was at Pendleton instead of Lejeune for the cost of shipping.Its has been dead in our shop and i wouldnt mind working on a classic.Hey it gives me somthing to do!

Last edited:
Don't get me going on homelite starters:dizzy:
Sure, I'll shift through what I have, there could be useful stuff left. Those frackin washers, they can be made from other stuff.

I'm not really ready for a two-man saw, yet, but I can make room for one.:clap:

I'm sure I'll end up making some of those washers sometime. Gotta find some thin steel washers of the right OD, with a small hole (so I can file out the "double-D" in the center).

Haven't figured out how to replace the fiber friction hub in the center of the Fairbanks dogs yet. Got a few ideas involving thick gasket material and a short section of plastic tubing. I have a few sets of dogs that don't have any friction hub anymore, while the dogs themselves aren't worn out yet.

I'll bring that monster Mac with me whenever I head up to the Great Wet North of Ca. I don't think he has a bar or stinger for it. Right now it's just a powerhead, so you won't have to make quite so much room for it...

PM sent to him. I wish now i was at Pendleton instead of Lejeune for the cost of shipping.Its has been dead in our shop and i wouldnt mind working on a classic.Hey it gives me somthing to do!

Got any contacts in Pendleton? Maybe he could ship to someone there, then they could put it in a shipment of something going from Pendleton to Lejeune...

Got any contacts in Pendleton? Maybe he could ship to someone there, then they could put it in a shipment of something going from Pendleton to Lejeune...

I wished...But i aint going anywhere so i will have time to work on it.

tomo i will show you what i have to work in my shop. We even have a sand blaster.

Imagine that!

Jay, where's them Dayton's at? LOL

Still in the basement of my buddies shop. I had to open that store we met at in Valpo and several more since. Between 230 stores and the end of the year rush I've been to busy to swing by and check out the situation!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Want a somewhat complete bicycle-handle gear drive Mac? I think it's a 1-92 or 1-93...

If Randy does not have room for it I will find some room. That is a 2 Man Mac that I do not have.:(

Bill

Still in the basement of my buddies shop. I had to open that store we met at in Valpo and several more since. Between 230 stores and the end of the year rush I've been to busy to swing by and check out the situation!

I here that! You probably ain't had time to run the C-5 either! Nice sound out of that one.

You will get time later for the Daytons...

I here that! You probably ain't had time to run the C-5 either! Nice sound out of that one.

You will get time later for the Daytons...

Rebuilt the carb, replaced the tank cover gasket, installed a throttle lock I had laying around, switched the sprocket from 1/2" spur to a .404" rim, correct muffler and changed to a 16" roller nose harvester bar. Starts in 2 or 3 pulls tops, runs like a bat outta he-- and yes, sounds good too! I like working on those old buggers, easy, fun and cheap. Lots of reward for a little TLC. Yeah, I'm very happy. THX

good luck to anyone who wants to try to convince me my super ez ao isn't a great saw. i love the old thing. it doesn't lack power for the 16 inch bar and cuts well. it seems light and easy to handle. those who hate homelite go ahead and hate em, i don't. :cheers: :spam: they made a good saw back in the day i think.:givebeer:

Last edited:
Mechanickeven, gotta agree with you there. For the $50.00 that I paid for my super xl12, it was a great investment for a great saw that cuts alot of wood. Go ahead and bash if you want. I know my saw starts every time :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
This is what i got one day...
"what kinde of saw you have, A homelite 150. Ahaha better off with a hack saw"