Who in America will ship DK-20K tacho to Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumnuts

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Australia / Victoria / Mornington Peninsula
Hey crew
Can anyone tell me whose willing to ship a DT-20k tachometer , to
Australia.Can Paypal ya.
Been hunting Ebay sites for a couple of weeks and chasing local dealers -
without bliss.
Am going with the general AS consensus. :rock: DT-20K
Stihl dealers overhere want me to pick up $oap / an I wont do that :mad:

-will rep ya for life :)

I nominate Brad since you guys have done business recently but if he wouldn't do it I could, I am sure someone with better connections will step up though.

I nominate Brad since you guys have done business recently but if he wouldn't do it I could, I am sure someone with better connections will step up though.

Thanks djohn for offer an reply . Brad was quick to send me a PM.Yeah he is
a good guy ,did'nt wish to insult an feel obliged.
Just wondered if I missed a site sponsor for this model, DT-20k.Baileys
are great and have helped before.As you know they have differant model.
No aspersions to any sponsor who does'nt want the OS hassle.

:cheers:

Looks like I'm a popular guy today:clap: I got my Fast-Tach used. Where are you guys buying yours? Straight from Design Technologies? LINK BTW, I love mine. It's wireless and updates basically realtime.

Are you sure you want the wired TT-20K rather than the wireless Fast-Tach?

OK. Looks like they're both wireless. The Fast-Tach is much smaller though.

Last edited:
Hmm ....fast tack or DT-20k .Can the Fast taco be used without the wire ?
Seem to remember reading dt-20k readout up to 50cm without.

As i mentioned to Brad i am just a dummy who works with wood till AS.
A few months ago i would have thought a tach unnecesary.Now it's
IMPORTANT. :dizzy: :)

Apologies it's getting late here ,an too much sawdust from today.

Last edited:
We just shipped one to Canada and one Japan by USPS. We will ship to Australia by USPS Priority Mail which costs $11.00 plus $79.99 for the tach. However we are not shipping larger packages at this time, just small items we can get in these priority Packages. PayPal is the payment method we would use. PM me for more info. Tony

The Fast-Tach is wireless only but is much smaller than the TT-20K. I've never had a need for the wire. It picks up the signal effortlessly. I hold the Fast-Tach in my left index finger and thumb while holding the handle of the saw at the same time. I simply point the tach in the direction of the plug wire. It never fails. And updates instantly to boot.

Here's a LINK

Last edited:
FYI, We do sell the Fast Tach too. It's a few dollars more. I personally like it the best like Brad says, It's small and easy to put in your pocket. Nice readout on both models.

The Fast-Tach is wireless only but is much smaller than the TT-20K. I've never had a need for the wire. It picks up the signal effortlessly. I hold the Fast-Tach in my left index finger and thumb while holding the handle of the saw at the same time. I simply point the tach in the direction of the plug wire. It never fails. And updates instantly to boot.

Here's a LINK

+1 mine was £55 delivered which aint bad for the uk including VAT and it was home in 2 days
seems fool proof

You can see me using mine in the following video.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9W1ds6kULmE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9W1ds6kULmE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Here's a LINK

the fast - tac can be used with an "antenna" wire connected to the spark plug lead. Very bottom of the instructions tells how.

We just shipped one to Canada and one Japan by USPS. We will ship to Australia by USPS Priority Mail which costs $11.00 plus $79.99 for the tach. However we are not shipping larger packages at this time, just small items we can get in these priority Packages. PayPal is the payment method we would use. PM me for more info. Tony

THANKS TONY AN EVERYONE
The DT-20K comes with a rubber wrap apparently.I like the idea of the wrap .Sounds like it would be hardier working in the field .Could take the knocks better.Do any agree
Does the rubber inhibit the read out ?

Cool video thanks Brad

PM sent :)

THANKS TONY AN EVERYONE
The DT-20K comes with a rubber wrap apparently.I like the idea of the wrap .Sounds like it would be hardier working in the field .Could take the knocks better.Do any agree
Does the rubber inhibit the read out ?

Cool video thanks Brad
The DT-20K is also moisture resistant and I have used mine outside on rainy days, just wipe the clear cover over the screen with my shirt sleeve and set the rpm on the saw, it will fit my overalls front pocket. They work good on saws with electronic ignition in the wireless form but I have to connect the wire to my older saws with coil and points to get a steady reading. The rubber cover does help absorb bumps and knocks and doesn`t inhibit the readout on mine. Pioneerguy600

The DT-20K is also moisture resistant and I have used mine outside on rainy days, just wipe the clear cover over the screen with my shirt sleeve and set the rpm on the saw, it will fit my overalls front pocket. They work good on saws with electronic ignition in the wireless form but I have to connect the wire to my older saws with coil and points to get a steady reading. The rubber cover does help absorb bumps and knocks and doesn`t inhibit the readout on mine. Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry - the troops 084's -coil
066Mag ,MS200t,MS360 - module
025 ( don't really matter)

think I could be swinging back to Fast tac - wire free for both older coil an
newer EI

Last edited:

Tony,
You can put those priority boxes together to make a larger box.You can make a pretty good size box with the 12x12x8 size. We do it all the time.I've stacked as many as 4 of them.Makes about a 4' tall box.We ship every day and the post office does'nt have a problem with it.

Latest posts

Back