Who is Bogarting the Leveraxe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok just trying to keep tabs

Seeing how I am the one sort of responsible for getting this beast out for use.

Thanks Urban Dictionary

bogart 718 up, 33 down

(slang verb) To keep something all for oneself, thus depriving anyone else of having any. A slang term derived from the last name of famous actor Humphrey Bogart because he often kept a cigarette in the corner of his mouth, seemingly never actually drawing on it or smoking it. Often used with weed or joints but can be applied to anything.

I know what it means but just how did it come to be used that way?

Harry K

cagney and bogart are in a fox hole during the war (in a movie, of course) and cagney shares his cigarette with bogart, who doesn't pass it back to him. hence the term "bogart"...means to hog or not share. remember the song "don't bogart that joint, my friend" from easy rider?

or, am i the only old person around here???

Maybe not. But you might be the only old stoner.... :jester:

ROWWWWWLLLL another one.
Just like theeee other one.
You've been hangin onnnn to it.
And I suuure would like a hit !!!!

I'm sure he's not the only old stoner here. hehe ;)

attachment.php

I sure thought that band was little feat but may be wrong
sort of went with homegrown on the American stars and bars Neil Young
but those days are behind now and thank god some of us learned to survive!
That stuff leads to no where and fast. :laugh:

I've only had one hit on one J and I was loopy on cheap whisky at the time. My stomach didn't react well to that... RRRroOOOLLFFF... Sure cured me of that curiosity.

Ian

Both actually. I used to be a whisky coke drinker, but my stomach became sensitive to it. First I could only drink the good brands like Maker's Mark but over a year or two even the good stuff tore me up.

I drink a six of Sam Adams per week now on average and that's all. I work in aviation so the other is out too, altho I don't think I'd partake in that even if I didn't work in Aviation. It just doesn't have any draw for me.

Ian

Back