Who Loves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt, this site is the greatest! I spend at least one hour every day here. I know I have a low post count but that's because I'm too busy learning from all the experts here. What a fantastic resource this place is.:bowdown:

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but there's only one professional here - Tom Trees. The rest of us are just firewood junkies who talk big but really have nothing where it counts. Take Woodbooga for example. He only has one chainsaw. It's electric, and he hasn't used it in years except to carve the Turkey each Thanksgiving. It's a cryin' shame.

I'll rep the Stache for an eliquite response. It's so true. I just joined a few months ago and have learned more in those two months that what I thought I knew for years. I don't cut a lot, just enough for the campfire. Since I've joined, I have learned to properly file a saw, how to make a succesful hinge cut. Heck, before that I just lain into a tree and prayed it fell the correct way without getting my bar pinched! I learned what a timber jack is, and now I own one. I learned what to cut, what not to cut as far as species to burn, and am now looking for some species that I want to tackle just to see what it's like. Yeah, I love tis site.
Steve

Good on you, Steve! Just remember, there are a few important words you must always spell right: 'smart' 'intelligent' 'wise' and 'eloquent.' You missed the last one. This is just a warning, but if you do it again and you'll receive a man-card violation. :D

Yep. You want to see a real tree hugger? I'm one, and so is everyone here. We are the people who TRULY love trees. We love to see them grow and thrive, we love to see them live and stay living, and we love to knock them down and bust them into bits to heat our homes in the winter. We cut out dead limbs for the good of the tree or by the whim of the owner. We love to learn about trees, trying to remember how many BTUs are in this or that species, and how to identify the various kinds. We make cabinets out of them, and we make tools, toys, furniture, and presents out of them. We climb in them for fun and for work, we love it when we sway around in the tops of trees as the wind blows, sawing off chunks to drop to the ground. We sell it for firewood or lumber, and feed our families on the proceeds. We sometimes find a pretty cool looking chunk to take home and make something neat out of, or let our kids play with it, or just put it in the workshop with the intent to do something with later on, and never get around to it so we chuck it in the stove with the rest.

Yes, we are the true tree huggers of the world. :rock:

agree on it all, cept the swaying in the wind part. but i like to watch pros do it.

Latest posts

Back