Who Loves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just want to know,who loves this site???? I do" We have it all hearer,haters,lovers,fighters,and us! I mean,we have it all" You like this and I like that. But where else on earth can we debate,and no one can really get hurt??? Sorry guys" I was just thinking. If you think the way I do, give a shout out"""" JUST SAY TEMBER"""

Who said "figures don't lie"?
When you look at the numbers of people posting and viewing here, it seems there must be lots of useful info and/or spirited debate attracting them. :rock:
This site might also serve some well, in that it gets them out more, among a more global population. :jester:

You betcha

I get tremendus pleasure from this site.
I now know more than I realy need to know about chainsaws, chains, log splitters/mauls, firewood, trailers, loaders/tractors etc.
Altho I don't climb, too old and fat, I do have an interest in cutting, felling and bucking. How a tree is reduced to a pile of wood from a standing tree and turning into something I can burn in my stove.
It's not firewood until it's bucked, split and stacked, until then it's just wood.
Until I found this site I only owned two saws, now I have ten and still looking. I think I got CAD along with CRS and CRAFT.
My only complaint is treads get side tracked, I want to find out how to repair the carb on my 020 AV only to finding out what color moss grows on the north side of a tree. :confused:
I still read them all unless it's a moaning, whiner feel sorry for me thread, then I say suck it up and go on.
The words are Life, liberty and the "persuit" of happyness. Guaranteed is not mentioned.
The saws are fueled, chains are sharp, time to cut some wood.

FREDM
Always lookin to score a load of FREE wood

Yep. You want to see a real tree hugger? I'm one, and so is everyone here. We are the people who TRULY love trees. We love to see them grow and thrive, we love to see them live and stay living, and we love to knock them down and bust them into bits to heat our homes in the winter. We cut out dead limbs for the good of the tree or by the whim of the owner. We love to learn about trees, trying to remember how many BTUs are in this or that species, and how to identify the various kinds. We make cabinets out of them, and we make tools, toys, furniture, and presents out of them. We climb in them for fun and for work, we love it when we sway around in the tops of trees as the wind blows, sawing off chunks to drop to the ground. We sell it for firewood or lumber, and feed our families on the proceeds. We sometimes find a pretty cool looking chunk to take home and make something neat out of, or let our kids play with it, or just put it in the workshop with the intent to do something with later on, and never get around to it so we chuck it in the stove with the rest.

Yes, we are the true tree huggers of the world. :rock:

Yep. You want to see a real tree hugger? I'm one, and so is everyone here. We are the people who TRULY love trees. We love to see them grow and thrive, we love to see them live and stay living, and we love to knock them down and bust them into bits to heat our homes in the winter. We cut out dead limbs for the good of the tree or by the whim of the owner. We love to learn about trees, trying to remember how many BTUs are in this or that species, and how to identify the various kinds. We make cabinets out of them, and we make tools, toys, furniture, and presents out of them. We climb in them for fun and for work, we love it when we sway around in the tops of trees as the wind blows, sawing off chunks to drop to the ground. We sell it for firewood or lumber, and feed our families on the proceeds. We sometimes find a pretty cool looking chunk to take home and make something neat out of, or let our kids play with it, or just put it in the workshop with the intent to do something with later on, and never get around to it so we chuck it in the stove with the rest.

And that's just about all I got to say about that...:msp_wink:
Timber!

Dayum, UM....I got a tear in my eye from reading that!

I found this site when I was looking for opinions on a new chainsaw. I bought the saw last week and have been back several times a day since.

Lee

No doubt, this site is the greatest! I spend at least one hour every day here. I know I have a low post count but that's because I'm too busy learning from all the experts here. What a fantastic resource this place is.:bowdown:

I've learned a lot

I'll rep the Stache for an eliquite response. It's so true. I just joined a few months ago and have learned more in those two months that what I thought I knew for years. I don't cut a lot, just enough for the campfire. Since I've joined, I have learned to properly file a saw, how to make a succesful hinge cut. Heck, before that I just lain into a tree and prayed it fell the correct way without getting my bar pinched! I learned what a timber jack is, and now I own one. I learned what to cut, what not to cut as far as species to burn, and am now looking for some species that I want to tackle just to see what it's like. Yeah, I love tis site.

Steve

I found this site when I was looking for opinions on a new chainsaw. I bought the saw last week and have been back several times a day since.

Lee

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your developing case of CAD, and your growing addiction to the rantings of some strange men and women....yes, there are a few ladies on here!

Back