Who Mods Stihl 039?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymike

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a new saw and want to get all I can out of it so I am seekin' someone to help me do just that. Please help. Tell me where to send it or who to call, whatever. Thank You guys. MIKE:chainsaw:

muffler mod is easiest and you can do it yourself in about 20 minutes. Not many people want to port these saws because they are a pain to take apart and work on due to the clamshell design of the engine. You will be amazed at the gain you get by a simple muffler mod. Take off the deflector on the outside of the muffler and drill 2 3/8 holes under where the deflector goes and either mod the deflector accordingly or leave it off. make sure you get all the metal shavings out of the muffler then replace the muffler, take the limiter caps off the carb if they are present and retune the muffler.
Enjoy more power and a saw that doesnt sound quite so strangled anymore

I will second that.

A 390 will pay for it;s self soon enough if you open up the muffler, remove the 'H' limiter cap and tune it on the fat/rich side.

If it has a slight burble out of the wood that clears in the wood, your getting a lot out of that saw.

If you want even more performance, keep your chains sharper then you you ever have. Good sharp files, touch them up every couple/few fuel stops maintain the DG's and it would be hard for any saw in that class to keep up.

yes

bough on ebay cooked, baileys p/c ran to tanks , did muffler mod, most fun i have had latley with 2 bucks of gas. throw safty chain and get3/8 chain and 20" bar. get a holster made liky the nursery people carry snips in wear on belt:dizzy: o bad idea, i ve been useing a 51 36" this is like a toy. i want to port and pipe one{ brad} edit i went out and looked mine is o36 pro

Last edited:
Back