who was trying to tell me that mcculloch aren't husky made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a new 'Pope' whipper snipper a friend bought from Big W.

Another famous old brand here that's been debased.

I couldn't get it to run either and it was brand new. "Take it back" said I.

The funny thing was she was getting really antsy about it and expected it to work like a Stihl or Honda.
What did she expect for $85 ?

Mark, I'm pretty sure initially Jenn Feng kept making the same design small home/backyard user piston port engined saws that McC Corp had been building for the last couple of years of existence.

Electrolux I'm guessing used the factory in Italy for the European Macs, maybe SawTroll knows more ?

I know that Jenn Feng couldn't market 'McCulloch' here as Electrolux/Husky owned the name, so JF sold their saws and OPE here under the brand name 'Talon' and they looked almost identical to the little Pro Mac 3805AV I have in the shed.

Rick, I should have clarified that since Husqvarna reaquired the McCulloch name for US production
(probably all North American) that they have been Poulan built saws.

Prior to that, we got lots of the POS Jenn Feng McCullochs.

Mother of God, please tell me the pro ones are still made in Sweeden?

They are, don't worry about that!

Husky owns the McC. brand, and it is no secret that they have set up a new factory in China to make the cheapest consumers saws of the brands that they own. I am not really sure, but I suspect it will affect the Poulan factory......

They should let the dead be instead they make zombie saws.

Yes that was what I was thinking.

Just think how many uninformed consumers bought a POS Jenn Feng Mac just because of the brand name, thinking they were getting a good name brand saw.

That should be false advertising and should be against the law.

Same thing happened to Homelite and who knows how many other company names.

Quite ironic that Poulan was the really only US OPE company to survive at all and is now makeing McCulloch branded equipment. :msp_ohmy:

Yes that was what I was thinking.

Just think how many uninformed consumers bought a POS Jenn Feng Mac just because of the brand name, thinking they were getting a good name brand saw.

That should be false advertising and should be against the law.

Same thing happened to Homelite and who knows how many other company names.

Quite ironic that Poulan was the really only US OPE company to survive at all and is now makeing McCulloch branded equipment. :msp_ohmy:

It actually makes you wonder why Husky persisted in acquiring the name when it had been rubbished so badly in the prior decade.

It's hard to build a reputation and damned easy to lose.

All I can think of is that brand awareness is still really high for McCulloch ?

It actually makes you wonder why Husky persisted in acquiring the name when it had been rubbished so badly in the prior decade.

Yeah I have scratched my head more then once over this as well.

I dont see the point of spending extra money to make the same exact product just in a different color. Even more so as you say in a tarnished name brand.

Who knows what there thinking?

Yes they're made in Sweeden.

The McCulloch in the video is nothing more than a low end Husky, they've been making them in China for some time now. Most parts on the low end Stihl's are made in China as well, some Stihl products are made there, and have been for some time now. None of this is new information.

If I remember right. Those Dolmar 510s are made in China.

Last edited:
If I remember right. Those Dolmar 510s are made in China.
As are some cheaper ones, like the PS-45.

Now, "made" in some cases just means assambled, in other cases it is the full package - and then any level between those extremes......;)

Here we go. From the comedic geniuses at McCulloch I give you the Greatest Chainsaw Range Ever!!!

Man I laughed when I watched this on youtube a couple of months ago! I wonder how many people watched this video and were convinced that this saw is the one for them.

Oh snap! I'm buying into the hype and selling my Stihls and getting a whole new fleet of McCullochs! Just because the video told me to! :rock::popcorn::hmm3grin2orange:

Worse, they aren't even the carcass of the original inhabitant.

Whats worse is the fact that they get some gay ass "designer" telling you how good it is cause they got a squiggly yellow line on one of the stickers!!

That video really turned me off, I want a saw that is designed tough and manly not cause some backdoor man tells me it is great cause it has some poofy line on one of the stickers!!

Design considerations must include "Masculine" and "Meat" for a saw to sell in the Brave New World of today's McCulloch. Must also be able to rip an 8' section of green 6" alder in a not-embarrassing time, though (heh, heh) Bigger Wood is left to the Imagination.

Am I slyly inferring that the video above is subliminally homoerotic? WHY I NEVER. YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Mcculloch had gone to the dogs long before jenn feng took them over

Latest posts

Back