Who's all from Wisconsin and Into Vintage Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am down in the southwest corner. I squezze cows for a living. Matt are you looking for more macs? I have 2 super 44s coming in this weekend. One might be a A series too. Also got a 1-70 and a 35 and a 450. I am going to be listing a bunch of saws for sale by the end of the weekend.
Bob

I've had pretty good luck finding Macs of my vintage at auctions recently. Where are you getting these Macs from? I went to quite a few auctions down in that corner of the state when I went to school in platteville and the only thing I saw close to my saws was one old beat up 10-10.

Mostly I get teh saws from auctions. Sometimes from private sales too. When was you going to school down here? If you want tog et into other old saws I got alot of odd balls too.
Later
Bob

Homelites

Hey Matt, I'm from Waupaca, about 40 minutes from the Fox Cities. I have a bunch of old Homies. 2 1020's, and an xp-1000, also 2 150 auto's and a super xl auto, and 2 xl-400's . I love it when i put them old 1020's into a piece of oak, and bury that whole 30" inch bar, and listen to them old girls bark. I have yet to stop one buried fully in hardwood. I've been running Amoco Ultimate 93 octane 32:1 with 2 ounces of Husqvarna oil and 2 ounces of Mobil racing 2 T. In the summer I run 50% 100 ll av gas and 50% 87 octane pump gas. Find any old bigger homelites, let me KNOW!

Not from Wisconsin, but I have a MAC 15 in beautiful orginal condition... original chain and bar... Rebuilt the carb it fired up. low price to a good home...

Hello from Hortonville! I've got several old Partners, based on the R16 frame, from 55 to 85 ccs. Also run some newer Huskies for firewood. I like vintage saws and would like to get to know ya'll. I also participate in a few thresherees in the summer, and some have vintage chainsawing. I'm usually less than first place in sawing, but I have a great time and meet great people, including my two-person crosscut Lumber Jill partner. Would like to have a winter saw day, any interest?

Hello everyone greetings from western WI near Baldwin here. I have an older homelite and a newer husky 353 and looking to add a 372 here soon.

Back