Who's itching to run a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Other than some limbing, I haven't done any cutting lately. I've got a couple of Alders I want to take down, but I'm fighting the urge until the leaves are gone and the weather cools. Looking forward to it.

I cut an alder the other day, it looked like a paper birch, it was shaped like a paper birch, it was also a paper birch, but my piece of paper said alder.

I cut an alder the other day, it looked like a paper birch, it was shaped like a paper birch, it was also a paper birch, but my piece of paper said alder.

I bet those people were really peeved when their tree was gone... And meanwhile the neighbors are calling and saying, "Hey, when ya'll gonna come cut down that alder?"

Cut a 6 in wild cherry today.biggest thing ive cut since april.just broke out the redmax "craftsman pro".mainly use it for pruning anyway.wish I had something to break out the pm700 on.really wish I could cut something with the pm 1000.lol

very rare I go a week with out cutting some wood. I live in the bush so a saw is always in the truck.
last was a 18" dead spruce that fell across one of the roads

Been running saws some the past 2 days cleaning up around my mother's house. I brought my 272 XP and MS200T with me.

I bet those people were really peeved when their tree was gone... And meanwhile the neighbors are calling and saying, "Hey, when ya'll gonna come cut down that alder?"

It was power lines clearance so it was just trimming. There wasn't an alder on the block. Unfortunately the person who's job is to inspect lines of all hazards isn't ISA. They do a good job usually, but occasionally they make a mistake, this was just a bigger mistake then usual. I cut down a 39" DBH poplar today.

We've been cutting 28- 38" White oak until late June. Lately we've been trying to get the 87' F-350 going. Real pain and I'm itching to go cutting ASAP

I've been waiting on a purchase of a pole saw to try on some trees in my yard, just have a few limbs that need trimming, just a few minutes ago my wife informs me she took some clippers and trimmed the trees herself. Now when the pole saw arrives I'll have nothing to trim with it..

Going to take down five pines at a friend's house tomorrow. Four of them dont excite me much but the fifth one does. It's probably 36" or bettet! My rebuilt 064 will take care of that!
ryreza8u.jpg
a6e3e2e9.jpg

I haven't been out in ages. The last time was to test out a big bore Makita 6401 before I shipped it out to it's new owner. I've been working too much and there's restrictions on cutting after 1 PM in my neck of the woods. :(
Lately we've been trying to get the 87' F-350 going. Real pain and I'm itching to go cutting ASAP
What 'a wrong with the F350?? I used to own an '87 myself.
image.jpg

I've been waiting on a purchase of a pole saw to try on some trees in my yard, just have a few limbs that need trimming, just a few minutes ago my wife informs me she took some clippers and trimmed the trees herself. Now when the pole saw arrives I'll have nothing to trim with it..

Get CL load of branches/ small diameter logs delivered for cheap....Sawbuck, lawnchair, sit in the shade a few feet away, reach over, cut some..Break...hour later, get up, load another branch in the saw buck, go sit down..cut again...break...

I was able to scratch that itch a couple nights ago, a co-worker had some logs to buck and some big rounds he couldn't split easily. Been over a year for me, and after it got dark we sat and drank beers next to the wood pile - can't describe how good those fresh chips smelled to me, soaked it in for 2 hours before I left LOL

Got some larger Sugar Maple pieces just a bit much for a 28" bar to reach all the way across. So put the 36" on the 075 ( could have done it with the 32 on the 7900 but where's the fun in that) . Been anticipating playing with that 111cc brick all winter ( 404/.063 full comp) That was satisfying. Course CAD struck again as a friend was selling a clean 084, ( 121cc) now residing at my place waiting for its turn. I think I see a chainsaw mill looming in the near future. These acquisition diseases are killing my wallet.

I've have been cutting hardwood because I need to. I just have to cut. The bugs and the heat are horrific but that 2 stroke perfume is worth it. I even went to the city park and whacked up a storm dropped maple limb that was 30" across. First chance to really use the 576, had a 24" bar and it was great not being able to just slice through it. Got some good wood from that hahaha. Russ

Just waiting till it cools down some, then its off to clear cut oak out of a 100 acre piece. Ill prolly cut a few cottonwoods on Sunday though.

I haven't been out in ages. The last time was to test out a big bore Makita 6401 before I shipped it out to it's new owner. I've been working too much and there's restrictions on cutting after 1 PM in my neck of the woods. :(
What 'a wrong with the F350?? I used to own an '87 myself.
View attachment 361898
Nice truck. Well, the real question is what's not wrong with it? Electrical has been hacked by some "pro mechanics", so that's a project all in itself. New U-joints, Carb rebuild, exhaust leak, water pump, fan clutch, belts, valve cover gaskets. The list goes on and on with the little stuff. Good news is the 460 runs like a dream and shifts nice. It's a regular cab, lariat, dually, with a kickass flatbed. To sum it up, it's the ultimate wood haulin' vehicle out there.

I've not been doing any serious cutting since I came back for Maryland........there we dropped several large pines in the 28 - 32" range. Then cleared a fence row of 50 year old Mulberry. I thought we were done......then a storm with 70+ MPH winds came thru. That was pretty exciting for the hundred or more people that were living in tents under the trees. :laugh:

We'll not be cutting any firewood till the leaves drop.......and I am itching to do that. :)

I've been taking advantage of some cool weather here in Ohio the last three weeks or so. Got to use all the saws in my SIG on 5 nice size dead ash trees at the church I go to. Ended up hauling 4 big loads (16' dual axle trailer). Also been cutting up and hauling home some tops from across the street. It was logged out 2 years ago this spring and some of the oak limbs are starting to rot. Trying to get the remaining 20-30 tops out before bow season starts in late September.IMG_20140716_200517_786.jpg

Latest posts

Back