Why do 026's always bring more than 028's on Ebay?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
026's seem to be better than 028's imo. most people would say that, there is more of a demand for the 026.

026s are a current production model with parts readily avalible, my dealer would complain about getting parts for an 028 just because it is old and not current. 026s are lighter.

Justin Garrison said:
026s are a current production model with parts readily avalible, my dealer would complain about getting parts for an 028 just because it is old and not current. 026s are lighter.

I think Justin is correct here, the 028's were great saws, durable and reliable with many of them still out there working away on a daily basis, it is however a saw of the past while 026's are still very current.
By opening up the muffler on today's 026 / 260 you can have as much if not more power than the 028's with even less weight and run them at 13500 to 14000 rpm's.

kmosabi said:
Just wondering...what am i missing?
There is little to ad to what the others already have said.
;) Just a thought, be aware that the 280 has absolutely no relation to the 028 relic, while the 260 is just a newer version of the 026.................

Back